Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laptop batteries and 200 hp+ motor = car

you are correct rob
    88 LX Coupe 445 rwhp 570lbft torque
    03 Mustang GT 254 rwhp 300lbft torque

that thing is probably useless this time of year around here. does it have a heater? I'd feel terrible driving it and listening to the radio at the same time, just knowing i was taking away from the battery. I wonder how those batteries are in these temperatures as well, or maybe side effects of letting it sit a season out.

...i still want one.

Re: Laptop batteries and 200 hp+ motor = car

On the console it shows a fan and heat controls, somewhere I've read about a htr on it. I suppose it would be like driving a old vw beetle in the snow which did well in the snow, not a lot of heat. Depends on the weight distribution if it is around 50/50 should be ok unless it is so low it drags snow and you all know how that is even with awd. Guy at work has a prius and truthfully I don't like it. He lives out of town so I suppose it works good for him mileage wise.

it does have heat, didnt read up how it works or anything. that car in silver with carbonfiber hard top...the shit.

Since they are using batteries, not fuel, I bet the weight distribution is damn near perfect.

Pricey though, $100,000, ouch. Li-Ion batteries are not cheap. All current hybrids use them, most Phones, laptops, and R/C cars, though, so the technology should be improving constantly. Batteries are insanely reliable no though.