Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boo Mediacom!

The Mediacom website is still showing 5mb and 10mb services. Do you have any idea when the class changes will officially go in to effect?

I'm receiving the increased speed right now if that's what you're talking about.

I believe I was getting about 7800 down and 480 up this morning when I tested it.

Zac

The website update will probably take some time, I know for the longest time it was still saying 3meg after the upgrade to 5 meg, so it might take some time for that. Also it might have to do with it not being upgrade everywhere, so they aren't claiming speeds that might not be available everywhere yet. I just found out about it Friday night. I will ask tomorrow if it is everywhere, or just CR area. Also like Zac stated reset your modem if you aren't getting the speeds, that way it will download the latest config files to allow for the increased bandwith.
    1993 Ford Probe
    14.7@94mph
    http://www.ipoc.biz

Re: Boo Mediacom!

I'm in Iowa City and I got the bump up. I'm now getting 7800 down and around 480 up also.

I still think qwest's 856 up would be nice.
    --2011 Ford F250 6.7L Diesel--
    --2000 Audi A6, 456whp --

I think after the holidays are over I'm going to probably invest in Mediacom's new upgraded package which is 15mb down and 1mb up. It's $65/month if all you've got is the internet and not the phone and/or cable tv. That's an increase of like.... $20, or about 40% of what I'm paying now for about double the download and double the upload speeds. It's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

IPOC: I might be more interested in paying the $150 installation fee if I didn't already have a network already set up. At the same time, I'm curious as to how nice the equipment they'de be setting me up with would be. I just have a little crappy D-Link router (cheapest router I could find at best buy) and a d-link wireless card on Ashley's computer. Perhaps if they're setting me up with better stuff the $150 could be worth it I guess. But if you ever find out anyone that can waive that fee for someone who already has a network setup or cut the fee down or something just give me a hollar and I'll make an appointment that same day.

Zac

Yes Iowa city would be included as they are fed out of our CR office.

Zac, the equipment we use is all SMC, I can probably get you a model # if you wanted, but it is some good equipment from what I have been told. I will check and see if we are running any specials, or if we will be soon.
    1993 Ford Probe
    14.7@94mph
    http://www.ipoc.biz