Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 racing pictures. Thanks ALLSTAR, Innovative Signs, H+W

Re: 2009 racing pictures. Thanks ALLSTAR, Innovative Signs, H+W

The white car is a older Harris chassis with a few left-hander updates.. The black one is a combination of a Dirt Works 7 and some homebrew chassis stiffening and modifications. The white car would be fairly labor intensive to get on dirt due to the offset of engine, trans and rear end housing in it but its still possible. The black one could be set-up for dirt with weight, panhard bar, shock and spring changes.

Yea don't you guys run your panhards bars right side of the frame down, where as we run our left side of the frame down. I was wondering about the engine offset on that white car. They both looks really good, how your crate motors holding up? The other question I have since i havent ever seen aspahlt cars. Is do you guys get the rear end hike like the dirt guys get, like how we get almost 12 inchs between the left rear and the quarter panel, with it being rolled over so far.

The crate motors are working great in both cars actually, black one has almost 2 seasons and a few dirt races on it and the white car Im not sure about since I bought it used but I know its got more than 2 seasons on it and none of them have been opened up yet. There is a slight amount of "rear steer" that we get out of these cars but not a whole lot really, the black car still has a few dirt car characteristics and that is one of them, it has a hint of rear steer when on the throttle due to the placement of the lower control arms but it seems to work well out there

Yea the crate motor is the way to go. We have almost 60+ nights on ours, we just put valve springs in it every year, and she runs like a champ. But I would guess dirt and ashalpt setups are completely different so. But its a cool hobby, alot of money we have had a rough year, frist night out we ripped the oil pan off our crate motor.