Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom piece for a certain Evo

Re: Custom piece for a certain Evo

not sure excatly where the bracket is located there, I know with american cars at least the trans crossmember does very little for support, actually my modified circle track car doesnt even use a trans mount at all!! but I do know that even if your running a solid engine mount you still keep a bushing of some sort on the trans to provide room for movement and flex so it doesnt stress the trans case.. I have already split a powerglide trans case in half and I cant say it was for sure because of this but Im pretty confident. something to think about at least esp with hard launching cars

IAF Team Member

We debated on re-using the stock bushing for the connection to the mount. It came down to that he has a solid front motor mount. The motor doesn't rock, at all. Again this is a proto-type, and revisions will be made later if needed.

ya put all 800lb ft torque through it tough guy LOL?

IAF Team Member

Alright, here is his FRONT motor mount. SOLID as a rock.

yeah but arent the top 2 motor mounts bushings?? and what about flex of the chassis/sheetmetal up there.. I dont even know where this mount is located at but I thought mine would be solid enough too untill all my trans fluid was leaking on the ground from a crack all the way around the transmission

IAF Team Member

This is located in the back by the firewall, bolted to the trans. There are 3 other mounts, one being the solid AMS front mount, and 2 side mounts (one on the motor, one on the trans) with solid Poly bushings in them. This type of mount has been made before, and ran on a track car. The only reason for it is weight reduction and ease of removing it for trans/x-fer case work.