Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting to worry (tuning help-ish)

Re: Starting to worry (tuning help-ish)

Stop that, I'm trying to get out of this car and you keep throwing deals i cant turn down at me -_- haha
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway

Thats how you stay in dsm's for so long. People always throw stuff at you, so you can't stop.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

Update:
    Got the head pulled, and once it was off the spark plug came out much easier, just rethreaded it -_- The valves from that cylinder have alot less build up on them. The pistons and cylinder walls look fine. Soo looks like I'm still in the game. I'll take pictures of the valves tomorow or sunday and see what you guys make of it. Also the knock sensor looked fine but I'll take a pic of that too because I dont really know what you meant by melted or whatever.

The heads gonna be off till later this week when I get my gaskets.
    Anybody know an easy way to measure bore without a 110 dollar gauge?
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway

IAF Team Member

just get a mitsu mls headgasket. Get your head cleaned and milled flat. It doesn't cost much.

Is that mandatory? Cuzz I dont think you realize how low I am on money lol
    I was just going to get a cometic since its cheaper than the oem mls one but I didnt plan on milling it. Just cleaning it myself.

well, considering your head seated fine before, you should be ok without milling it. As for measuring bore if you have a good set of dial calipers you should be able to measure it and compare to stock.

It seems most of us run MLS headgaskets to avoid any problems, but I hear of a lot of people going with Cometic...just not anyone I know personally.

Get those pics up!

IAF Team Member

Cometic is multi-layer steel also. I've ran one and they are more probable to cause problems if the head isn't perfectly flat.

If your just looking to get teh car running and don't want to make gobs of power, just throw a stock FELT gasket on with ARP's and you'll be just fine. Just clean the surfaces really well and use some copper spray on the gasket.

I plan on running 20 psi eventualy when I have the supporting mods to do so without F'ing stuff up. It already has ARP headstuds in it, came with it.

IAF Team Member

20psi on a 16g...yea stock HG with ARP's is good. No need for MLS.

Really? Whats the limit? I know its not exact but guesstimate.