Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting to worry (tuning help-ish)

IAF Team Member

Re: Starting to worry (tuning help-ish)

I have a nice big FMIC you could use, with charge pipe..And a 2g maf, and an intake.

I got a lot of stuff...

see nate, you'll find what you need here and wont get banned for asking

Ok this isnt really related but I didnt want to start a new thread for a question I'm sure is simple =P

I'm pulling my head this weekend and I know my block is bored over. The guy said .75mm over but from what I'm reading thats impossible so I'm guessing he meant .075 over? Where do I get a headgasket oversized that much. Most I see is .040 over.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway

Hm that is a good question. Well first you want to find out if the guy was telling the truth, he may have just made that up.

Oh, why are you pulling the head?

some sources for parts for your car:

dsmparts.com (had good experiences)
    Slowboyracing.com (if you like waiting for empty boxes..ha)
    dejontool.com
    machV.com (good stuff)

eh time for class, theirs lots more tho.

Because the previous owner didnt know how to put a spark plug in so I cant get #3 plug out. My dad has like threads that you put in to fix it (forget what its called). So I have no idea what that spark plug and cylinder is like. Also to see if my pistons are shot from detonation. If in fact my car is knocking like crazy.

I believe him that its bored over cuz his brother blew it up pretty bad i guess. Threw on a 16g turned the boost up on stock 390cc injectors. (Yes its auto)
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway

oh ic. So your going to heila-coil it. Well, it sounds like the previous owner screwed you over, and theirs gonna be some work for ya to do. But if you need parts, we have an abundance here.

Its to bad you cant get it to my place today, sometimes its the simplest thing that takes a trained eye...aka an experienced screw up.

Ya I'm not a complete noob when it comes to this stuff and my dad was a mechanic most of his life. I just dont have the experience that you guys do =P I figure most the stuff out myself and with dsmtuners search =P but this is stumping me lol

New maf did nothing, old maf had None of the honeycomb in it, really hoped new maf would fix it for ya. The readings your pda picks up is odd, not sure what to think of that just yet. Let me know when you get that head off and what you find.

Will do, I'm really hoping the bottom end is fine. If I need a new bottom end its going to sit in my dads shop and I'm gonna buy a junker for now. Otherwise I guess we start narrowing down the problems lol. I'm kinda thinking ECU next? To bad you sold that one or we could have just plugged it in to see if it fixed the problem. If its the ECU i'm gonna buy a eprom with a chipdiver chip.

Another question about headgaskets. I'll prolly just get the Fel Pro top end kit thats 97 bucks. Should I get a MLS headgasket or would a normal one be fine? I dont plan on running over 20 psi. And I'm confused because do you have to mill your head or block in order to use a MLS or is that non-mandatory? If you dont have to and if i can find one my size I might just get one anyway.
    Any input is apreciated =P

Edit: I wonder if we are the only 3 looking at this thread =P its getting pretty long.

If you need a bottom end I have a 7bolt in the garage $100 takes it, and I can throw in a bunch of other parts that went with it.