Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Starting to worry (tuning help-ish)

Re: Starting to worry (tuning help-ish)

sounds like your timing is off. Use a screw driver in cylinder one to judge TDC, make sure the crank agrees be looking at the crank pulley and the lower timing cover. Then look at your cam gears and make sure the timing marks meet up their.

One of the cam gears was off by a tooth some how so we took it off and did it again. Runs alot smoother now, and my CAS isnt almost at the end of its range. Everything is back to the way it was, witch was never perfect but drivable. lol We'll see how long it runs right for before I'm back here posting again. Hopefully the guy will get back to me about the ecu soon and I can get that.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway

IAF Team Member

lol "timing is everything"

Yea its dumb, but on most dsm's you have to remember to time your exhaust cam a degree off so when its under tension its actually in time...

Yea thats the cam that was off a tooth =P when me and my dad first did it it took us like 5 tries to get it, now we got this down. =P

Fuel trims still havent changed, I dont think they are going to. Waiting on a reply about an ecu, or more $$ for an ecu.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.” Ernest Hemingway

Update:
    Got an ECU and a chip from dsmchips. Car runs great, got so use to the buick Im not sure how much different this thing runs but there is NO knock =D Also seems to spool faster now. Now its on to crap that should have been done a long time ago, like brakes. Hopefully I can get the rust off my back rim.

Once again one thing to the next though, what all is needed to hold the plastic panel onto my door. Is it just automotive double sidded tape and the clips that Im gonna try not to break? I had some 3m shit but I guess its not wheather proof because it keeps coming off, and I cant open my door very far without bending the panel.

Someone should rename this thread to Nates DSM issues or something to that effect lol =P

Edit: bought some clips and double sided tape from O O O O'reilly's hopefully theres not something else to it, I'll find out when I take it off tomorow =P