Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eclipse Restoration

Re: Eclipse Restoration

Update. I am currently working for Saturn now. I have worked there for what roughly two weeks. Absolutely love it. Only problem is as KIA was becoming a pain in the ass we all applied at Toyota. Now that I found a new job (Saturn) Toyota has called me as well as VW which VW was now bought by CR Toyota. So I am torn on what to do. VW has many things to offer me, but I still love Saturn, am making good money, the guys I work with are absolutely awesome.

I haven't had anytime to work on my car. I got out there for a few mins. Ripped my old tranny cooler out as well as the lines. Get home and my fiancee's mom's car is leaking coolant. I find oil all over the engine. 3.8 liter GM, intake manifold gaskets are all leaking. SO great one more thing to add to my list. The house needs a ton of work. My fiancee's sister car went up in flames at the Kennedy High School parking lot, so I need to find her a new car. My fiancee's car I need to replace her turbo oil return line gasket. Also put her stock springs back on. Just so many things to do and so little time.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

like Aerosmith said, "Chip away, chip away at the stone...". keep at it man, i know you'll get stuff taken care of. congrats on the new job.

leave the bitches to their own junk!

I worked at Saturn in Des moines. easy shit and was always fun and laid back.
    Karl Performance
    AWD Chassis Dyno, Des Moines, Iowa
    EFI Tuning

UPDATE: The car is back together save the passenger cv shaft. I went to take it out and it is completely solid in the wheel bearing. Heated it up, hit it with a sledge hammer. Nothing. Began to melt the cv shaft out. The shaft is almost all the way melted out of the wheel bearing and it still will not budge with a large punch and sledge hammer. Ran out of acetylene so I will have to wait till monday to fill the bottle. I did cut the shaft in half so when I was banging on the end of the shaft it wasn't jarring the transmission. I did a boost leak test and my boost gauge was only reading 4 psi. I fixed a few small leaks and the throttle body was leaking through the shaft seals although not bad. Then the boost leak tester shot off the turbo. I found out my boost guage is malfunctioning and giving me incorrect readings. My transmission gauge seems to be reading just fine. No leaks from the engine both coolant and oil. No transmission leaks from the sender or the new transmission cooler. The car is running fantastic and thanks to my dad it is waxed and looking sharp from about the doors back. The front fender needs repainted, the hood is primered close to ready for paint and the front bumper I still have not decided if I want to buy a 2gb front bumper and then buy 2gb headlamps as well.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

2gb front for the win. From what I hear people have a lot of trouble with the front ends forging together.

Re: UPDATE!! Eclipse Restoration

Well the everything is finished. The new halfshaft and wheel bearing are on. Front bumper is back on and I drove it out of the barn and up to my parents house. Drove it down the gravel road not very far. Wheel was cocked way off to the right, not sure if it was just from the road crown and the hill. Might just be in my head. Drove it back, parked it. I am still not finished with everything I have wanted, but its mostly done. Basically I just want to fix some electrical for now. Boost gauge is still not responding so I think that will need replaced. Overall it ran good, I am going back out tomorrow to make sure its ready to my the trip in town. I will update everyone when I get it back in town, get the garage cleaned out some and park it inside. My garage here is much warmer and I should be able to do lots more with the limited amount of time I have after work and between TAB Fab and of course...life. We will see what the future stores for her. Who knows, maybe next year she will be tearing up the streets and maybe her sister car will be too. My fiancee's 98 GSX. Update with pictures to come tomorrow.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

well...the pics Andrew. I knew we wouldnt have time to drive over and check it out. I'll probably be on Drums again tonight over at Trevs, if you show up and havent taken pics..be prepared.