Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TTW: '90 Eclipse GS-Turbo

Re: TTW: '90 Eclipse GS-Turbo

Okay sounds good.

Hey, its Russ.. the one with that dakota.. lemme explain a few things about it first... lol, it has its own fair share of problems.. i think it has about 160k miles on it by now.. its a 1990 but the motor runs great.. just enjoys leaking.. it has a different 5-speed out of a junkyard (unknown miles) shifts fine but the shifter is out of adjustment.. (it sometimes kicks out of 2nd and 4th unless under a load, its not a syncro..) it is only 2wd.. but i am weird and spent like 600 bucks on MT Kumho tires for it.. but it gets around in the snow damn near as well as my 4wd dakota with shitty tires.. umm the funny part about this is that the HVAC controls do not work.. lol.. but i have it hard wired to the 3rd highest fan speed.. it was a switch but i am too lazy to find a high enough amper switch for it.. i keep melting them. there is a crack that is started on the right lower side of the windshield.. seems to have stopped.. there are 4 speakers in it and a deck, the deck is about garbage.. radio don't work but cd player does but the preamp in the deck is going and starts to distort speakers when bass/higher volume kick in.. there isn't much rust on it, just the fenders and a lil under the doors, the fenders are only rusted to where the factory fender flares would cover it if you put them on.. to give you an idea.. and under the doors is not noticable unless you get down and look at it or maybe its a lil worse i don't remember.. The interior is basically stripped.. it has a rubber floor.. but no plastics for the A and B pillors.. nothing on the roof.. it does have door panels and all the dash.. the drivers side door latch you have to snap it quick to get it to open from the outside.. (i don't know why... never looked into, didn't care...) oh, and it has an exhaust leak off the manifold.. there used to be one of those blower recirculators or whatever you call em on it.. for emissions.. i ripped that off by the way.. but anyways, on drivers side where the metal pipe off manifold that went to that blower broke loose... nice ticking noise.. easy fix though just to cold for me... so now that i am done ripping my beater apart for ya.. it has new brakes (front and rear) new radiator, new belts, new driveshaft and U-joints, the new tires.. valve cover gaskets.. new clutch and throw out bearing and a newer battery (put it in last spring) it does have a 2" body lift on it... it has a diamond plate tool box in the back of it against cab.. and here is the kicker! a nice shinny skull shifter! lol

so if you havn't fallen asleep after trying to read all that and for some reason really want that skull shifter and the rest of the crap attached to it.. well lemme know.. oh yea.. when i bought it over 4 years ago.. it was primer painted arctic camo! so now it has a nice random drunk friends and i of multiple times and multiple shades of black in it.. its a sexy beast! after reading all that.. i just realized how crappy of a sales rep i would actually be.. lol

Sounds like both of our cars have their share of problems, haha. Oil leaks from mine out of the bottom of the motor, it has 215k miles but has a rebuilt head and runs like it has alot less miles than it does. Full interior, stock radio, Eclipse speakers all the way around, like I mentioned, I'll throw in the aftermarket and stock FPR's in with it, a 2.5" mandrel bent UICP, an aftermarket BOV, and a Faze boost gauge, I just want the car and everything that goes with it...gone. You think that's a fair trade or what? If you want to look at it this weekend then give me a call at 319-202-4339, I'll be free all weekend, just let me know.

hell yea, as long as it is driveable i will take it this weekend... i'll get a hold of ya..

Sounds good man, I would like to look it over and take it around the block a couple times before we seal the deal, and you can do the same with the Eclipse, I've just gotten fucked over before without looking over the car and all that so I'm more weary than I was, and don't take it the wrong way, haha. Another addition to the list of problems...the front brakes will need replaced sometime soon, they're pretty worn out and I can tell they won't last much longer. My girlfriend gets her new car on Saturday and she has a bunch of her stuff from her old car in mine so I'll hopefully have it cleaned out by then, otherwise I'll just throw it in the back of the truck if we go through with the trade, haha. Talk to you then.

One thing that I'm really wondering about is, does the heat/ac work good with the whole hardwiring thing? Like does it seem like the blower motor is going out or anything like that? Reason I'm asking is because the blower motor in the Eclipse has been shot since I bought it, and it only spits out a little bit of warm air when I'm on the highway, and with how much this Winter sucks there's only so much cold I can take, lol, and I never had the money to replace the motor. ($40 @ Advance Auto) So I'm basically trading it for something that atleast has heat and drives better on these roads.

yea, blower motor itself works fine.. just the fan speed control on the hvac controls doesn't work.. you can still selet defrost, vent, floor and whatnot or from hot to cold...

lemme clarify that.. there is heat, the fan works.. great.. i will get in the dash and hook it up to the highest speed for yea.. i might even put a switch on it again.. lol and i plan on fixing that exhaust leak real quick too..

Cool, thanks man. If you wanted to, and have time, we could meet up today and take a look and maybe sign the titles over, it's up to you. I gotta drive to Manchester tomorrow so I don't want it to be an inconvenience if I'm out of town when you have free time. Let me know.