Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed to cut interest rates

Re: Fed to cut interest rates

Andrew,

Just make sure to keep your costs down. The less that you have to dig into savings to pay bills, the better. Ideally you want to get into a situation where you can add a little bit to savings every month.

Finding a new job will depend on how much you like your current job. You could always just pick up another part-time job to make up for the time that you are missing this winter. When you work in a job where they cut your hours, it's usually a good idea to have a little part time job on the side that you can add hours to when times are tough.

I don't know how you feel about call-center work. Where I work they start you out at $10.00/hr for the day shift and $10.50/hour for the evening shift. They would hire you for as little as 8 scheduled hours per week (if you put me down as a reference) and you could just work extra whenever you want. We have busy days sometimes, we would call you up and you could come in and work 5 hours....easy 50 bucks. If you can type 60 words per minute it could be worth a shot. It's NOT tele-marketing, lol. I would never work in a place like that.

If you're interested let me know. It's no biggie...call center jobs aren't for everyone. I've enjoyed it there and I'm getting good management experience while I'm getting through college.

A recession could be good for your work, Andrew. Theoretically (and i am talking out of my ass right now) if imports get too much more expensive, nobody will be able to afford them and they'll just drive their current cars til they die and then they'll bring them to you to fix it!

Once it starts to warm up we'll have to talk about doing those struts for Ashley's car. We hardly drive it anymore though because now she works with me so we carpool to work in my car

Re: Fed to cut interest rates

Yea I pulled those struts out of my backseat the other day I finished my car lol. I also did notice an ad in the paper from where you work. Its definately something I could do. I have call center experience, I just hated having to call people and ask for money for charity. The management there was completely strict and rediculous in every way. (Plus they didnt pay anywhere near $10.50 an hour) Ive also been asked by O'reillys and a few auto parts stores to work for them but I'm not sure what I will do. I don't hate my job, but it gets to be a challenge for me to WANT to get up and go to work with some of my coworkers. I will definitely keep that thought open though.

Oh yea, we have been able to put some money away each month. So that helps...
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive