Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zac gets promoted

Zac gets promoted

Finally got the promotion I've been wanting for a long time at work. I got called in to discuss "scheduling" and turned out that they wanted to offer me a supervisor position.

It's still a 2nd shift position (3:45-12:15am) like I've been working but now I alternate every other weekend off, and instead of working 40 hours a week I'll be alternating between 40 and 32 hours every other week as well.

I'll be making a some more money, (It's salaried) so it'll be nice to help me get out of all the debt I went into buying crap for this condo in the last year. So that's definitely exciting. But the most important part is that since it's 2nd shift, it allows me to keep going to school so that I know my situation will only get better from here.

Should be done with my bachelors in about 2 years from now, so can't even express in words how great of an opportunity this is. This was the first "Win-Win" situation that I've been presented with in a long time.

Finally got dealt a good hand.

Zac

Re: Zac gets promoted

Congratulations Zac, its good to see that friends are having good things happen to them. Its fantastic that it works out so perfectly for you, considering school and all. Enjoy the job and hey, get some management experience under your belt. Looks great on the resume. Again Zac, congratulations.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

Congrats man! You work hard and undoubtedly deserve it. Question though, do you have to talk about yourself in the third person like that? "Zac gets promoted" sounds like someones got a pretty big ego, just playing man. Once again, glad to hear all your hard works paying off.

way to go. how long have you been with the company? seems like everytime i refresh cru, your getting a promotion. Where are you going to school at now?

IAF Team Member

Congratulations Zac, Jesse told me this morning that you got it. Great news! It's awesome that nothing really changes besides the amount of pay and steady hours for you! Definatly a win win.

On a side note...bachelors degree in 2years!? Haven't you been going to college now for going on 5years? What is the deal?

congrats zac
    CTSV THAT EATS FIRECHICKENS!!!

now that you get a weekend off every now and then, we should have a chill night in and hang out sometime. either your place or mine; Kelli and i are in the process of moving into a house right now, and it looks like its gonna be pretty awesome.

congrats man, cant think of someone who deserves it more.

Thanks everyone. I couldn't be happier about my situation right now...I guess unless I was making a bunch of money on the stock market or something

I'm starting in January at Upper Iowa University. They just opened up a campus in Cedar Rapids so I'll be taking a mix of in-class and online courses. The center-manager here where I work actually went to UIU and he says it is a great school. It's especially good for me because I can take some of the courses online.

Trevor: I never got a degree from Kirkwood, I just took 3 years there taking prerequisites and such. Could have done it faster but I was only taking about 12-14 credits per semester whereas you have to take 15+ to finish in 2 years. So I'm right on track as far as I'm concerned. I took this semester off while I worked on getting everything transferred up to UIU and decided for sure what I wanna do.

Didn't wanna rush school because I want to keep my GPA up enough that getting my Masters is a realistic opportunity once I'm finished with school if I decide to go farther.

Anyways, thanks to all. This is definitely a big deal for me because as I said before it represents a win-win , or rather a win-win-win-win because it's "win" on so many different levels. Couldn't be in a better situation right now realistically.

Zac

Oh and Dustin: That sounds good. Ashley still has to work weekends so I'll probably end up trying to find something to do on those weekends when I don't work.

Zac

awesome man, give me a call if youre bored. we're usually doing something every weekend to break the monotony of the week; and youre more than welcome to come hang out.