Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 37k mi the stock clutch is poo poo

Re: 37k mi the stock clutch is poo poo

Sorry to hear that Tony, I did get all the parts in the mail, hopefully by the weekend I'll have it broke in. I'll take a day off and drive through town all day. Like I said a lpr pp, the 3+ disc, alum flywheel, 26 spline and 4340 dry coated tob sleeve. We need to get together one mo time before winter. Do some better pics etc.

Update, the clutch disc, p/p, input shaft, flywheel, and tob sleeve is installed. Along with a tob bearing and input shaft bearing. It needs a break in though first impressions are like this. I killed it 2 times coming off a light, it is hard to feel when the clutch engages. It's on or off and it chatters a bit in reverse. i can squawk the tires in 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd pretty easy. Going from 50# to say 30# it's hard to say what my launches will do.

Rob, i like the clutch, little all or none. Not bad though for how high the torque rating is on it. Car is done, but i need to break the motor in with 500+miles before full throttle tuning and spray. So it will be a week b4 any racing.
    88 LX Coupe 445 rwhp 570lbft torque
    03 Mustang GT 254 rwhp 300lbft torque

Good news then on ur car... I'd be easy on it a bit also till it wears in a bit. Some say to pressure the rings a bit w some low rpm wot in higher gears. Change the oil right away and hope for the best. I worked late , got the alt in it was 45 min out and 40 min in. A diode plate and bearings and my g tech pro comp works again on the 03. So I got a shift light again. It must of blew one in aug or so then another the other day while u were using the dv camera.

Bad news, cars not going anywhere to till Mon. Long story
    88 LX Coupe 445 rwhp 570lbft torque
    03 Mustang GT 254 rwhp 300lbft torque