Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drag Week 2007

Drag Week 2007

Drag Week 2007 will be rolling through town next week, if anyone wants to spectate it will be T+T at cordova on sunday, racing in cordova monday, Cedar Falls raceway on thursday, and back to Cordova again on friday. Racing will be from "about 9am till 2 or so" My car wont be making it due to mushroomed valves and a tailhousing from the glide is broke in half!! There will be 5 or more local cars attending and expect to see 150-250 bad-ass cars "and trucks" with ALL types of engine/trans combinations.. :supz:

Re: Drag Week 2007

Scotty not to pry,but what the fuck happened!Steve o
    "Faith makes things possible not easy" -o-

well its kind of a long story but here it goes, first I noticed just a slight bit of oil in the #4 cylinder by looking at the plugs, no plug were burned, no signs of detonation. checked compression and leak down and everything was good 4% leak or better in all 8 holes. so I changed the intake gaskets and the valve seals on the #4 hole, in the process I was checking valve lash and found several cylinders to be about .005 or so loose, and when you look at the top of the valve where the rocker rides it starting to get smashed down and mushroomed out "very, very slightly". I still have the cheap ass valves that came with these heads about 6-7 years ago when I bought them so I know they are shitty valves so thats what I am blaming it on for now anyway. Then I looked under the car and saw a big puddle of ATF and found a crack in the tailhousing, hit it with a ratchet and the tailhousing broke in HALF behind the tranny mount "with has a rubber bushing btw" I think maybe the driveshaft is out of balance or the tailhousing was previously cracked and I didnt see it..

I think the valves might still have a little life in them but Im not sure if I want to chance dropping a valve, but I got this bet that my car will run 9.18 or faster this year and I really want to make cedar valley street rod day but Im gone all week on drag week and dont have anytime to get the car ready.

Who made that bet????Steve o
    "Faith makes things possible not easy" -o-

haha it was just me and Dean being drunk and arguing

That sucks!!!! Is Havlik still going on drag week? I will probaly be at least one of the stops. I wish I had the vacation time to go but I don't so hopfully it's close again next year.
    M.S.C.A.

GETTING IT DONE ON STOCK SUSPENSION AND RADIALS
    RTTTFMF

Last I heard he was going, and Terry Miller but its hard to tell untill the last minute sometimes. I sure hope Terry makes it because I should be riding with him

guy from my work is going all week and hes a good friend of Havliks and he said that he was going and has one hell of a nitrous system to test out. i saw pics. :butthead:

Senior Member Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport's Avatar
    I am seriously thinking about trying it. Throw on an alternator and some mt drag radials and im set. Oh and wipers.