Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS/WTB/FT

FS/WTB/FT

I have a set of low mileage E7TE heads from an '88 5.0HO that i would either like to sell or trade for a set of heads i am looking for.

I need a set of 69-74 351W heads. These are the castings i can use:
    C90E-B
    C90E-D
    D0OE-C
    D0OE-G
    D0OZ-C
    -_-

just curious, why do you need those specific heads?

I just want to use them on th e302 i my RX7. I want something that will work a little better than my E7's (after a little work) but do not want to spend money on a set of aluminum heads because i still plan to build a 408 before too long so i want to keep the budget somewhat low...

Those specific heads have slighlty larger valves (1.85/1.54 over the 1.78/1.45 of the E7TE's) and smaller combustion chambers (60.4cc compared to 62cc of the E7TE's) Which granted isnt going to do anything really crazy but are better than the E7s for sure. I have found a few different pairs rangin in price for $50-$100 pair so i may not need them for too long, i have to call and get some shipping quotes... I would really like a set of BOSS 302 or 351C heads but i dont want to spend the money to make them work. (custom pistons, intake, exhaust and a couple other things)
    -_-

let me know if you want a 351 core to build, my friend has two of them for sale...

Actauly i will be looking before too long. i need a 351W block to send out and be machined for my 408W build. If you could get the year and codes off the heads/engine and a price that would be awesome!!!!11oneoneunouno
    -_-

theyre not Windsor blocks, but i dont think it would matter that much. i would PM Scott, as he built a 408 for his Mustang and would know about the blocks.

by the way, 1.85/1.54 valves are TINY. stock emissions Mopar heads from the mid seventies up at 1.94/1.60 valves. performance heads from the early 70's had 2.02/1.60 valves....

they arent Windsors? So they are Clevlands?
    I have to have a 351 small block (windsor)

As for teh heads, yeah, those are pretty small valves, but the biggest small block ones ford put on factory small blocks (besides the BOSS heads). I was just thinking it may not be a bad upgrade for less than $100..
    -_-

they put 351's in work trucks and vans in the 80's. i dont believe they were classified as Windosrs or Clevelands. they were "lo-po" 2bbl motors if i remember right, but they had the same build as the Windsors and Clevelands.

i still dont see why you HAVE to have a Windsor motor...

Re: FS/WTB/FT

every 351 has a code. Be it a 351W (Windsor), 351C (Clevland) or a 351M (Modified or Midland). The windsor is in the small block family which also includes the 221, 255, 260, 289, 289HP,302, Boss 302 and the 351W and was in production from 1964 - 1995
    The Cleveland/Modified was a bigger block from the 335 family (aka, big small block). The engine family included the 351C, 400, 351M and Boss 351 and was in production from 1970 - 1982.

The 351W is the biggest of the small block Ford engines. It has a Bore and Stroke of 4.00x.3.50. It was made at the Windsor, Ontario plant - which of course giving it's name. The 351 is a beefier block than the 302/289 but has the same bore spacing and bore diameter. The deck height is taller and the Main journals larger

The 351M ("big block") is basicaly a destroked 400. IT is a low compression smog based engine, kicking out only about 180hp It has the same bore spacing as the 302/351w/351c but is a taller block for longer strok and rods.

The 351C ("big block") has canted valves and multi-groove keepers, hydraulic cam, pedestal -mounted rocker arms that are retained with cap bolts. Two types of heads where made they were the 2V and 4V. The 2V heads have open chambers with rounded ports, while the 4V has quench combustion chambers with larger rounded intake and exhaust ports

another difference between the 361C and 351W is that on the 351W the upper radiator hose connects to the engine via a waterneck on the intake manifold where as on the 351C the hose upper radiator hose actualy has to have a 90* because it attaches to the top of the actual engine block itself

The easiest way to tell what they are is by simply counting the bolts holding on the valve covers. 6 bolts is what i am looking for (windsor) 8 bolts are teh clevlands and modifieds
    -_-