Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I broke my tranny

IAF Team Member

Well I broke my tranny

Sorry to hear that Trevor. Sounds like you will have it going again soon. :bigthumb:

Also talked to Trent and he said they ship his dyno out so he should have it soon.

IAF Team Member
    yea, i found out what's broke. Gonna cost a little more then I thought. The 3rd gear has 3-4 teeth broken off as well as the gear connecting it to the intermediate shaft. The 3-4 shift rail is also broke. Yea...pretty shitty. All messed up.

Re: Well I broke my tranny

Wow, I called that pretty fucking good.

Sucks though. At least you know you were making some decent power.

I'm sure you'll be back on the road in no time.
    --2011 Ford F250 6.7L Diesel--
    --2000 Audi A6, 456whp --

Not to be a dick but this is why most of the time I like to trailor my cars to the track, cause you never know when shit is going to break!! Hope you get it running good again soon.
    CTSV THAT EATS FIRECHICKENS!!!

Wow man thats really lame... sucks even more seeing how it was the 1st time out this year. God I know I'd be so pissed and I can relate being so angry at your car to just want to blow the thing up. And btw allgo, thats the main reason I don't want to go to the track and run my car hard. I'm not hardcore enough to have a trailer and I don't know anyone that would lend me theirs. Oh well maybe one day.

dude 2G's are cursed everyone breaks 2G's. You dont hear about 1G's breaking very much like your old car its still runing has not broke. And georges car rollin on stock tranny. just my opinion but from what i have have seen i would never build a 2G even Dan has had lots of problems with is 2G (including tranny)

Transmissions are the same though. Some parts here and there are different, but pretty much the same old shit. You'll always be fighting transmission stuff in 400+whp dsm's. The only real solution is a dog box, but that's not really street to me. While you're in it I would change to the heavy duty 3/4th gearset/hub/slider which are basically old parts from a 1st gen. the blocker ring is smaller allowing the slider to be thicker and take more power. the 93+ sliders can explode in the 400+ whp range depending on weight, torque, etc.

Run good gear oil also. Stright syncromesh can be a little thin once it heats up.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

wouldnt have mattered if we did trailer it up there. all 4 wheels were locked and the car couldnt move. our trailer would have had to have a very strong wintch on it to pull the car up. thanks to stro eveything worked out and we got it home for free.
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

IAF Team Member
    Talked to Andrew about it today, sucks to hear Trevor!
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC