Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 240's, jj240 bleeding, Trance music, and Jay and his Brother

240's, jj240 bleeding, Trance music, and Jay and his Brother

OK so I bought the new member of the family off of CRU… great sale by the way, made life easy. The poor little 240sx SE coupe had some pretty bad rod knock. So we decided to swap it out and drop JJ240’s KA into it from his S14.

The car lived at the end of a gravel road which made the swap absolutely disgusting. When I was under the car maneuvering the tranny, I ate dirt like a worm. Once we got the engine and tranny pulled we power washed the engine bay. (sorry no pics of the dirty bay) It left a 1” pile of dirt and grime on the ground in the parking lot. Once it was clean, the engine bay didn’t look too shabby at all… all the dirt protected it a bit. We did notice the only spot of rust on the car, at the usual 240 rusting place, the shock tower on the drivers side. The one thing we ran into everywhere, was the spider webs of poorly ran wire going from everything from a viper car alarm, to fog lights wired to the electric fan. This crap was everywhere and wired into everything, which has caused glitches in some of the electronics now. So with that and the total lack of maintenance on the car we had some extra chores.

Right out of the drive way picking this thing up the rear drivers side brake locks up. So we do some emergency brake work on the side of the road. Removed the brake pads and ran the piston back down and dolly’ed it the rest of the way home with no problems. So we knew we had one last job to do.

Swap went well minus Justin slashing his thumb and hand open really bad while swapping the intake manifolds. Forgetting to plug a couple hard to reach vacuum leaks from removing… well needless items, and then finding out that someone changed the brake pads and impact wrenched the slider pin bolts on. They also forgot that they sit in there a special way and that they can snap. So $50 later and new slider pins all around brakes are OK now. Remember kids, impact wrenches are NOT for EVERY application. We also made about 17 trips to Advanced to pic up parts as we found more and more things needing repair or replacement.

Well it runs good, needs a little bit of love, some new TC rods REAL bad, and for the love of God I’ve got to get that fart cannon fixed with the quickness. So here are pics. Its my brother’s car, and I’m making him join CRU… it was one of the stipulations of us getting his car done.

Re: 240's, jj240 bleeding, Trance music, and Jay and his Bro

more pics!

GRAND FINALIE!!!!!

car is done!

oh and PS...

NEW PICS OF MY CAR ARE IN THE GARAGE!!!!

Just incase anyone wanted to nominate me... ya know... =D

thats cool. whats justin drive with now?!

IAF Team Member
    Looks good Jay!
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

I dont know if i can tell you what JJ240 has put into his... last time i talked about it he threatened to pee in my mouth while i was sleeping.

(he knows i snore so my mouth would be wide open)

=(

oh he wants it secret. not another 1j swap i hope. maybe go with your motor?

keep your roofs on :P

I think i can say its an SR but thats it.

IAF Team Member
    Well then, he should get his ass on here and give us some teaser pictures. Just like the ones that Dave posts, lol.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC