Thread: How bad do tickets affect car insurence?

How bad do tickets affect car insurence?

Im 18 and i have two tickets on my record (both for 10 over), and the insurance company hasn't seen that i have the tickets yet. Im paying $700 a year for insurance right now. Has anyone else been in the same situation? How much would you think the tickets will bring my insurance up to when they see i have them?

IAF Team Member
    Over a span of three years I have 3 tickets (10 over each) and an accident. My insurance never really went up until my at-fault accident. The tickets barely affected it at all.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

im 16 and i have a 10 over ticket from a few months ago and nothings happened, I think its when you like my buddy that got a 15 over, an 18 over and running a stop sign with in 2 weeks that tickets screw you insurance over, he gets good ol SR 22 high risk, I smile and laugh @ him for it

Re: How bad do tickets affect car insurence?

I got a careless driver ticket last fall, my second one, and it hasn't effected my insurance at all.

Aaron

it also depends on what insurance company you have... usually it takes about a year for them to catch up..
    Sweet as honey....but stings like a bee!

best thing to do is not drive like an asshat. Speeding to the next stop light just means you get to stop faster. Doing donuts in the mall parking lot means you get reckless driving tickets. And Riding on people's asses will one day run you into someone like me who will get out and beat you to death with a tire iron at the next stop light.

There is a time and a place for "fun" driving. The sooner one learns this the more respected one becomes and the better off they will be.

my ticket was a shitty deal from leaving town i was maybe 50 yards from the 45 sign when i sped up

SR22 isnt always terribly more expensive than regular insurance, its just a lot harder to find a company who will actually insure you. my buddy has SR22 and ithough i cant remember exactly how much it was, i know it wasnt too bad at all..