Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I installed the light!

I installed the light!

LoL, while I'm making a bunch of posts about the little projects I've been doing on my house, I figured I'd post up this one too.

Thanks to the help of many people on this forum (Rob, Ed, Rollin' On Dubs, and others) I was able to get this light fixture replaced. As it turned out, I just needed to pick a different light that wasn't so much hell to install. This one was easy as pie and looks 20x better than the other one.

I am holding in my hand the old 70's style light we had there before, standing under (obviously) the new light fixture we installed today. Sorry the picture is so dark, the flash didn't go off for some reason and I don't really feel like fixing it.

Zac

IAF Team Member
    Nice Zac, you look pretty proud.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

heck yeah. I was so frusterated the other day when I couldn't get that other one installed. I spent probably an hour trying to figure out a way to make that work. I climbed up in the attic twice but was scared my fat ass would end up falling through the ceiling.

Then I went and bought this one and literally had it out of the box and in my ceiling in 5 minutes.

Plus it looks 10 times better than that old thing that was in there. and put out tons more light.

Zac

the flash probably didnt go off because you were looking directly into a lightl that would be my guess anyway.

light looks good man, congrats.

Tomorrow and tuesday we're doing ALL of the other light fixtures in the house.

Right now there's a ceiling fan in the dining room (WTF?) so we're replacing that with a chandalier. We'll be replacing the ceiling fan in the bedroom, adding a ceiling fan in the spare bedroom, and replacing all the rest of the fixtures in the house.

On tuesday and thursday we're ripping off wallpaper and painting the bathroom, then starting next week we'll be painting the rest of the house.

After we're done with that, we'll just have the stove and the refrigerator to replace. We're planning to have both replaced before the end of the summer. Once those are done, this house will actually have been launched into the 2000's where it belongs.

Seriously though... look at that old light fixture. Don't you put candles in those things?

Zac

IAF Team Member
    I'm very jealous of ya Zac, I cannot wait for my own house. Apartment is my next move though in August.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

Thanks Justin.

Unfortunately owning my own house has come at the expense of my schooling. I will be beginning my fourth year at kirkwood next fall. Not because I'm doing poorly in school, but because I have to work 40 hours a week to make sure I have plenty of money to pay my bills and so I take school only part-time.

But I've been lucky enough to have a job that is high paying enough (with room for promotion in near future) that I don't mind taking it slow with school.

I'm comfortable doing what I'm doing for another 5 years. By then I'll definitely have my degree in hand. I'll be sitting on a good $30-$40k in home equity and i'll be ready to take on the world.

Zac

Re: I installed the light!

You are more then likely aware of this, but make sure that the electrical box in the ceiling that you are mounting the new fan to is installed securely. You won't want that thing falling and decapitating any unsuspecting guests.

Aaron

that pic is awesome. theirs a distinct light beam going around you, its hilarious.