Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help pickin a car

vega would be fun, might be a little tight i know a 383 would fit but not sure w/ the turbos; vega w/ remote mounted turbos would be a fun little car thats fairly unique

from book; 75 Years Of Chevrolet
    "Delray.....sold for $2,208 US and weighed 3,347lbs"
    it would be "mini-tubbed" (dont know if that would add or subtract weghit...)
    those big heavy ass stock bench seats would be out. I could easily see getting the car under 3K lbs.

reading a bunch over on the thirdgen.org board, the average stock weight is 3550-3850 for 3rd gen Trans ams. Depending of course on the engine/trans and options. so seems the '58 is actually ligther.
    -_-

the 58 may seem lighter but if they had the same things including a/c and emissions junk they would weigh in roughly the same.

Also the 3rd gens are going to have more re enforcement in the body work then something from the 50's. When have you seen a 58 del ray with crumple zones?

what about the fiero! i want to see pics of it still. the finished pics.

well, it not COMPLETELEY finished, but i will get some pics tomarrow when i oull it out to move the TA in so i can pull that engine/trans...

still working on the headllight buckets. I am making the kinda "lazy eye" ones where the only opan a few inches, got rid of the big 'ole square headlights and picked up four projectors with 2 "angel eyes" to replace 'em. Other than that, basicaly just needs an intake (useing a CRX cold air intake) and then paint which will be coming next spring/summer when i am finishing up school and have access to a booth and such...
    -_-