Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cedar Falls Race Rules

i agree on expanding the tire size. im not gonna fight for it that much, my tires are 10.5, but if its open to street cars, i think any DOT tires should be allowed. a tubbed car isnt always a racecar. look at BHavlik....

Re: Cedar Falls Race Rules

Good point dustin, Im thinking any car capable of driving up there should at least attempt the drive just for the fun factor, that would the coolest part of the event is my opinion is cruising a bunch of bad-ass cars down the highway, not mention it makes for some awesome photo opportunities. Tire size really doesnt make a difference for me as far as traction is concerned at the strip, i can pull a mid 1.3 on 10 inch street tires no problem, but I dont want to buy new wheels and tires again just for this race, and Im not sure but I think havlik's new car is wider then 10.5 tires, dubs probably knows better than me. and he's always down for a good cruise to the drag strip. Im going regardless I just dont want to be the only guy driving my car down the highway and then not being able to compete due to my tires. I understand alot of people dont want to chance making the drive for one reason or another but theres gotta more people out there willing to make the drive.. but who are they??

Scotty, I will be making the drive in one of my cars and someone else will be driving the other for me so I am down for the drive. I think the tire size can be worked out, it really doesnt matter to me anymore just as long as we get some cars there.
    CTSV THAT EATS FIRECHICKENS!!!

I will drive there, Its going to be hard for me to not want to do highway pull's against scottty the entire way up there, so my shit will prob be blown up by the time i get there!

Here's my 2 cents:

Have the rules only apply to cars who are trailered to the track. If you drive your car there on the street, then your car is in. If you trailer the car, then those are the rules.

That makes sense to me... since if you drive your car 30-45 minutes to the track without getting pulled over or anything, then I'd call your car a street car worthy of competing in a street-car race at the track.

Zac

Disagree with those rules Zac, some people would rather trailor there cars up incase shit blows up. I will be tralioring my foxbody.
    CTSV THAT EATS FIRECHICKENS!!!

All that sounds good to me, I just wanna see some cool shit driving up there, who knows I might even have a trailer there also but hopefully my car wont be on it. If things go good Ill just have my brother or someone drive my car home since Ill be on the trailer, in my lawn chair, next to a few coolers of beer, feelin nice and buzzed. I dont expect my car to be fastest one up there and I'll be the first to tell you that, I just wanna do a race for a good cause, just dont tell me Im not good enough cuz my rubbers too wide!!! Ohh yeah and thats if my car isnt blown up from racing "beating" dubs on the way to the track..I mean the moneys going to a good place for a good guy, let me contribute..

Ok scotty and or anybody else with larger tires,you know us small tire cars are at a great disadvantage.Let me propose this,let us small tire cars run slicks,you guys may as well.We will throw out the tire rule if everybody is cool with that.Al other rules will apply,no tube cars,no lexan,you guys know what i'm speaking.These are just options so everybody has a good shot at this.Thanks steve o-midwest streetcar association.
    "Faith makes things possible not easy" -o-

i think it would be cool to see all these cars cruising to the track BUT i see where people are coming from about the breakage issue and may not be feasible and such.

Anymore i say just run what ya brung, have fun, and help a good cause.

the thing is, i dont see why you're using terms like "disadvantage" and "rules". am i misconstruing the purpose of this? i thought it was a "fun time" and "fund raiser"? you think there has to be rules? DOT tires sounds like a rule to me. Street legal sounds like a rule to me. is there going to be a trophy or money for the fastest car? no? then why all these stipulations?