Thread: Whipple 3.3L coming

Whipple 3.3L coming

IAF Team Member

Re: Whipple 3.3L coming

Damn....that's just a tad bigger then the old stocker. I bet that puppy will put out some serious power.

When you gettin one Rob?? :bigthumb:

i just wanna listen to it. at first glance i thought you were doin some dual charger kit.

Well it's so new I have not seen any proven numbers with the 5.4 or a 4.6L. It remains to be seen if it would do anything more on pump gas esp. (17#) on a 4.6L than say the 2.3L (140ax). Race gas different story 22#+ boost, they do put them on a bbc esp for boats.

Could be like putting a gt42r on a dsm kinda overkill without huge boost and race gas. I would have to notch cut some bracing on the hood. It is a big twin screw s/c. These are fairly quiet, they use 3/5 rotors not 4/6's like a kb.

im not sure if ive seen your car. does the quiet sc help any with it being a sleeper? or is it not a sleeper at all.

Drifte

Right now I have the old stock eaton m112, it's loud enough to be heard quite a ways with the smaller pulley. Why they sound like they do don't know mine is a old twisted 3 rotor blower. The pic shows a eaton m122 vs the 3.3L whipple. I could guess a kb is louder cause it has more compression cycles per revolution with the 4male 6female rotors vs a 3/5 setup. They all sound different.

As what I will do, whatever it is I don't want to fk with it, have hoses blow off etc. I've got too lil time, too many projects waiting to be finished. I get a call, get in the car drive somewhere, go on a hiway trip so it won't be super fast. I don't want a cage so there you go.. I've beat on this thing severely for 30k+ now I need a new clutch setup at least. She's got 10's in her somewhere.
    Ask Zac and lots of ppl around is it a sleeper? Sorta if you don't go wot. Look in the cr garage.

IAF Team Member

Looks stock

runs/sounds....not so much :bigthumb:

Whipple = good stuff.
    2006 Subaru STI

SPT Intake | SPT Catback | Cobb AP Stage 1
    V-Spec Lip | Tein Hood Dampers | Perrin Strut Tower Bar
    CF Radiator Shroud | CF Alternator Cover | LED Interior Kit