Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: My Talon

IAF Team Member

Re: My Talon

It's all good Josh i'm not discrediting you in anyway. You were told it was an evo3, so you sold it as an evo3. No blame should be placed on you. It still looks like a really good turbo (extremely clean) and will most likely perform just as good as an evo3 because of the porting/clipping.

The thing that get's me is awhile ago the evo3 turbo's used to be cheaper then they are now. That's why everyone and their mom had one and THAT was the turbo to get. Then the Greens/Reds came out from FP and those were for big players only. Funny how those are just relatively small turbos compared to the shit some guys run now, and the 16g is a baby toy.

It also doesn't look like he bought that turbo from FP either, they almost ALWAYS stamp the turbine housing with their logo. Idk who did the porting but if they did it then i am 100% positive they would stamp the housing. I'm thinking either the housings were switched...or it's just a ported/clipped big16g. Either way it's a good turbo and i'm positive you will be happy with it Luminator.

-Trevor

it was a fun turbo, it dint come from fp, olny the evo 3 manifold did, the turbo originaly came from some smaller shop but it has been a good turbo, now i just hope to get my car running with the new turbo.
    7m
    4g63

i just hope i can get my car running....period. with this turbo or not haha

Ok, good news...........this beast finally took its first breath of life today....it runs!!!!!!! finally...it sounds pretty good, has damn good oil pressure. but has a high pitch squeal at 2k rpms.. didnt wanna jeopardize the motor so i shut her down...its a squeal coming from up top...thank god...i was scared for the bottom end. but bottom sounds good, i can deal with the top. maybe a cam race or a timing pulley or something...ill have her figured out and running tip top in no time.....whew thats a HUGE reflief for me now

congratulations. bring her down for the BBQ!

oh i plan on it

its alive!!!!!
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

some cars just wont die; others just dont want to live at all...its wierd how that works....

Re: My Talon

well now you guys got me wonderin', what turbo do i have? i was under the impression it is a small 16g, is that right? what about the O2 housing, is it just the stock one? pics:

looks like a stock o2 housing. and i think its actually a b16g