Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Talon

IAF Team Member

Re: My Talon

man that car goes WAYYY back, farther then a lot of you know.

well hopefully i get the chance to say that this car goes wayyy back. as im hooked on it like a drug of some kind. all i do now is look for parts and research the living crap out of it. i will make certain my laser experience doesnt happen to this talon. but im getting some go fast parts for her next week. still no turbo ut ill be a few steps closer to getting it running

getting vcloser now. im down to a small list of parts needed now. just need injectors, turbo, and a stupid ass knock sensor. should be all that i need. then put this beast in the big hole that is available

i think youre going to expirience the same FWD problems Trevor had with his old car. still should be fun from a roll though.

and what would those problems be?? traction problems? i kinda guessed id have that, witht he 550cc injectors im getting and the evo3 b16g turbo im getting. and then alot of tning with a wideband,safc, and other crap involved. but still. haha. im having fun this time around

yeah, traction problems were really bad in his old talon. if i remember right, he couldnt get better than a 2.5 second 60' time.

that was mostly the clutch at that time. and steve i got a brand new knock sensor sitting here

traction was surprisingly good IF you feathered the clutch.

whatcha want for that knock sensor? i wouldnt need one. if i didnt break mine i pulled on the plug to get it off that bracket. and broke the wires right out of the plug. so gooooo me haha

alright heres an update..its been a while been doing alot of working lately. and havent been able to work on the talon...here she is all together...guess what, yes im still needing a turbo. but i may have a good damn deal in the works so we'll see. i shaved the valve cover. just got the major scratches out of it. but i got the motor together as i am crossing my fingers on a motor install tomorrow. so i needed a valve cover on the motor. as i can always take back off to finish the polishing process with a finer grade sand paper...it was a bitch to get that cover where it is today.i can see alot of time going to be involved in this thing. but here are the pics. enjoy

Engine looks good man. Very clean looking.

Is that Trevor/Colton's old talon? I only ask because it's the same color and looks to have the same door opening problem.

Zac