Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from the QC

New from the QC

Hey guys whats up my name is Kurt and I am new here from Moline, IL in the Quad Cities. I by no means have the fastest car on this site and don't do much street racing since I have kids now. Just have a genuine interest in Cars. I have a 89 GT which is a slow ongoing project. Well just wanted to introduce myself. ttyl

hey nice to meet you. you will find that a lot of people on here share your same intrests. welcome
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

Thanks looks like a pretty nice site. I am sure I will enjoy.

Welcome to the site, what the goal for the stang?
    2000 Trans Am: 160* thermo msd wires bmr driveshaft loop. high 13s in late 2013!

Thanks. I don't really have a true goal for the stang just to continue to own it lol and when I can afford it throw some mods on it but since I have 2 kids family comes first. I do have a Street Heat Intake to get installed this spring. Also I would love to find out the specs on the engine since all the person knows that I bought it off of is that it has a cam and was rebuilt by some guy local that builds racing engines. I did find out (well I think it is right) that the cam is a B303. I need to get a new fuel tank so I think I will go with a fuel cell. With the larger cam I need a little bit of a bigger fuel pump. From what it looks like the injectors are the stock 19lb.

This car is pretty much just for pleasure to drive around on Friday, Saturday, Sunday as I have a 2000 Explorer for a daily driver. The car also needs a paint job where I was looking at either Laser Red, Deep, Red or Midnight Black. I would really love to have a blue stang but my interior is all red.

Check out my cardomain site it should be up to date with pics and the small things I have done to it.

hey fellow quad city-zen.

From Bettendorf here... the previous owner, did he tell you where he had the engine built at? if it was at Steely's on old 23rd ave. in moline then thats a hell of a place, and you probably have a really good foundtation to build off of.

But yeah man, there are some for serial racers here and then there are a whole bunch like you and I... we just do it for the kicks.

Anyway welcome to CRU!

No the engine was built out in Port Byron I believe. It was rebuilt by the owner before the last person. The person before me never drove it and was getting tired of seeing it sit so they sold it dirt cheap. I know Steelys and I agree they are damn good.

nice car, but i would suggest against going with the fuel cell. youre going need a lot of fabrication to make it fit right at all in the car, and it seems youre just going for a fun cruiser, not a racecar. i'd suggest just getting a good stock fuel tank from a junk yard. even buying a brand new one would be worth it i think, just because it would bolt right in, without changing anything.

anyways, welcome to the board, Im Dustin, enjoy the site.

Thanks for the suggestion I was thinking that myself and I found one on Summit pretty cheap that is brand new. I may not even need one though since it only leakes when I have it totally full. May just need to replace a seal or something. Will find that out when I drop the tank.

Well Come to the site
    ~Brent