Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Msca vs streetpsi(cfr).

Msca vs streetpsi(cfr).

I posted on streetpsi to get things going for the spring.This will be a track event basic rules,but pretty much all out.I am open for suggestions.I want to set it up as street tires,mufflers,and tire size no larger than 10 inches wide(tread width).Let's get some ideas going so we'll have a great start to 07.Thanks steve o(midwest streetcar association).
    "Faith makes things possible not easy" -o-

IAF Team Member

Re: Msca vs streetpsi(cfr).

Those sound like a great start. Street tires no wider then 10", mufflers, maybe do a pump gas rule? That might be pushing it though, and you can't really know someone is running pump gas besides their word.

When is this shindig taking place anyway??

Were shooting for may,it'll give everybody time to get some testing in.As far as the pump gas thing,if they want to thats fine but you know just as well as i do things get more interesting with race gas!Let's get some ideas rolling.Steve o
    "Faith makes things possible not easy" -o-

I made a post on streetpsi, but I know 10in tire cuts me out of it and a few other people that would more than likely race in it, havlik "i think" walsh maybe. I would say just drive your car up and back, have mufflers street tires and leave most of the rest open, just divide cars into basic classes such as NA/power adder, import /domestic, pump/race gas. I personally think since this is a "streetcar" race you should have to drive it there and "attempt" to drive it home and roll in a big group would be a blast..lets do this!!

Scotty, I think this is just msca vs street psi. Since we butt heads with them that is why we would like to set something up with them. I think it really doesnt matter how you get there and what gas you run, they have said they have us covered then lets prove it.
    CTSV THAT EATS FIRECHICKENS!!!

[quote="TbTalon94";p="117701"]Those sound like a great start. Street tires no wider then 10", mufflers, maybe do a pump gas rule? That might be pushing it though, and you can't really know someone is running pump gas besides their word.

When is this shindig taking place anyway??[/quote

If everyone runs pump gas can I be the exhaust sniffer lol, Trevor we need to get into some race gas tuning when my shits back on the road. Its easy to smell exhaust to tell race from pump gas.

Well as you can tell I dont post much anymore, cause I really dont care but....here ya go Allgo my opinion I am sure you have some cheesey come back but this is what its all about, the whole dam issue...

Well... its like this, Its always been about the street car issue that has always been argued"MSCA" whats it stand for...? STREETCAR.People say its not a street car club, you all argue it sure as heck is...What the rules are simple, take your street car and drive it to the track and race it. Mickey/Hoosier make great DOT tires slicks etc. You run exhust in the street dont you, well there should be no problem then, as for fuel run pump to the track and switch fuels...I noticed that there was a problem right away with the drive it and race it...I bet Walsh/Havlik/Scotty and every StreetPsi person would have no problem with, why is it always the StreetCar club that has issues with it? ...well if its the Mid west street car assc. then step up and prove it...Simple no argueing required...But like I said keep me and my shit out of it. I am done, but I will voice my opinion..and I find it very hard that you can argue it back...Its MSCA "street" Vs "Street" psi its all in the titles...Simple dude.really is, but I am sure it will turn into a 10 page BS arguement like usuall...And as for the rules, what saftey is not an issue anymore, it was a major issue last year, and for NHRA rules...if your car dont pass tech or is not certified you dont race, seems very logical to me. SAFTEY...Anyway it was Steve'O that put 90% of the rules (ideas) out there, I just say drive um, race um, if ya cant do it dont participate...Ed
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Winner!
    SOLD!!! 99 Z28 aka "Blackie"
    SOLD!!! FASTEST H/C LS1 IN IOWA!
    JUST A PUMP GAS LS1...
    "EddyB and Son and Daughter Racing"
    New Azz Draggin Grudge Car comming soon!!!
    Comming in "2014" Bimini Blue POS LSX powered notch.
    93 Bimini LSX notch.....aka "BeaterEater"

i'm with Ed about the driving issue.

IMO liked mentioned driving the cars to the track should be atleast one of the requirements.

I think otherwise aslong as its street legal its fine. Meaning any exhaust setup aslong as it legal (i.e. no open headers), any tire that is DOT legal. Fuel you use doesnt matter.

If you can drive it to the track on 110 octane, DOT radials fine be me, it made the drive.

Ofcourse i wont be in it since i'm not part of either but just voicing an opinion.

I'm with warchild, I don't see where the gas you use changes your ability to drive down the street. Just makes it a little more expensive.

There goes allgo acting like StreetPSI GIVES A FLYING FUCK..

For us to play heres our standards.

1. MSCA,streetpsi meats at advanced auto, any car participating will drive together to the track at the Law enforced speed limit, and if you have to stop along the way you are eliminated.

2. DOT approved street tire,Exhaust, fully streetable turn signals,lights, redgistration ETC.

3 Race at the track, then when we are done we ALL drive home to advanced together and if somone has to make a stop on the way they are eliminated.

4. PRO TREE, Run what ever fuckin gass you want

Thats what we want, if you cant make the drive you dont play!

The car competeing must make the drive and meet the requirements, if you dont like it SUCK A DICK and come to the streets BITCHES! :Hangman:

I guess the only thing able to do it is Allgo's cobra and GN and the Lightning.

We are done posting here, Good evening, you know where to find us.