Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new ride!

But I snapped the intake cam in half I was pretty pissed. I had the car about 4 days. And I have a Crusco Oil Catch can for the head. It runs with out unessary vacuum because the head is directally from Japan, and didnt come with all that bull crap. It doesnt affect anything.

how do you manage to snap a cam?

i see no catch can, considering where it should be is open.

no difference between japan and american version..wtf are you talking about.

what bull crap exactly? emissions?... sure it did.

i got a 96 coupe. d16y8 aem cai, dc sports ss 4-2-1. trade plus cash if you dont race it.

Re: My new ride!

Check out my all motor build in CR:U's Garage

http://www.myspace.com/thelegendofdustin

JDM vs USDM has very little effect on B16's. OBDO was the weakest, OBD1+ got slightly higher compression and better cams. Porting is essentially the same, and changes in emmissions are all easily removeable. To my knowledge none came with EGR, so there is nothing very intrusive. Vacuum line/port numbers and locations depend more on what the engine came from than what year it is. An Integra XSi (for example) swap will usually have a ton of vacuum lines, while a EF SiR will have fewer. None of that really effects power output anyway.

All in all, if you want to make a little extra power on the cheap, switch out that stock intake manifold for an AEBS Typhoon and port match it before you install it.

Other changes:
    ARP Rod bolts (add ARP main & head studs)
    450 injectors (switch to smaller injectors, you really dont need that big unless something else is wrong)
    DC Sports header (switch to type-R)
    Unknown make for lightened Crank pully (REPLACE IMMEDIATLY with OEM/type-R/or one with a harmonic balancer. Even if the cheapo is in balance, harmonics problems are not uncommon in B's at high revs, esp. an LS)
    Lightened flywheel (switch to OEM or aftermarket lighweight flywheel, lightened flywheels are a very bad idea)
    Intake (probably not worth shit for HP, but your intake is fugly)

Oh, and don't worry about snapping the cam, it's a known problem.

Looks like a good start though.

-Dustin (krustindumm on Drifte's computer)

Re: My new ride!

Yea the injectors are a must. Im looking around for some, but I cant find any b16 obd0 injectors.

I took a shop light to the underdrive pully, its an unthordox.

Im not too worried about the head studs, Ill put them in when I get new valves, springs and retainers, and cams. I dont really feel like taking the cams off, to get to the head bolts, and just only replacing the bolts.

Im staying with the header that I have, and flywheel will stay on untill I find another transmission, mine's going to sh*t.

as for the intake..To be honest, I coulden't give a Fu*k about the eye sore. Its pissed me off in more ways than 1. Im going to get the passwordjdm.com Whale penis carbon fiber intake manifold. even though there may be more efficant setups, but it'll add a little extra to the engine bay.
    Check out my all motor build in CR:U's Garage

http://www.myspace.com/thelegendofdustin

IAF Team Member
    Nice looking car you have there. I've got a friend that has one also, although he only has an ls swap so no vtec for him.
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

almost any honda injectors will work. I'm guessing you still have the resistor box installed, but if you take it out you can get some from a H22, IIRC they are 290cc/min. You could also get injectors from a SOHC (210cc/min).

I have 3 er 4 sets of SOHC injectors around, I'd sell them for $5/each.

those intakes are often called whale penis intakes. just another example of how perverted people can be

then we will be above those perves and call them Dorks.