Thread: This sounds better

This sounds better

To bad I can't run open headers. Sounds so much better.

[video width=400 height=350]http://home.mchsi.com/~jayphred/OpenHeaders.wmv[/video]

that sounds awesome Jay, but id like to know, why did you have your exhaust off in the first place?

For the rear mounted turbo kit.

Just kidding...............Finally put the Racetronix fuel pump and wire harness in. Had to take the rear part of the exhaust off. Fuel tank had to come out because pump is in the tank.So while i'm in there gonna take it all out to seal up all the exhaust leaks and put new header gaskets in. Slowly working towards a 150 dry shot. So need the bigger fuel pump.

Moderator (Night Patrol) Domestic Disturbance's Avatar
    she sounds good. love that cam sound too. reminds me of how quiet they r stock. and rear mount turbo? u kno u wanna go with aps's new twin kit

dry kits scare the crap out of me....

Dry works great on an LS1. Just something about putting fuel through an intake designed for air that bothers me. Don't like the idea of puddling in the intake. Besides I don't see much of an advantage with the wet over a dry in my application. Besides, what's there to be scared about.

Re: This sounds better

Dry works good esp with a multiswitched chip, long runners. However you got to get bigger injectors usually. Short runners work fine with wet like ur single plane Dustin. You can go pretty big wet w like a eaton setup as it is a short runner intake and the rotors mix it up anyway imo. Everything is maxxed out for me, injectors and maf so my only real cost effective 93 oct. choice was a wet n2o w a voltage pump booster. Worth over 100# of ramped tq. I might try a different nozzle and fuel sol as I don't like my a/f when ramped down. Too lean imo.

Not to steal ur thread Jay, just some things I've seen w the fjo unit. It would be nice to hold a good a/f no matter how ur power setting is but it appears it isn't exactly linear flow wise going from 30% to 100% vs rpms. Other than that it works. Maybe I need to use stage 2 also, split it up, add a bit. Ls1's are tough sprayed w etc. etc. Just the exhaust sound in a 220 deg cam scares me.

that was music to my ears, so much so that i listened 3 times

I've got larger injectors already. Especially since the stock injectors are barely large enough for a stock engine. I Just hope they're large enough for the bottle. Will see. Otherwise I'll probably use 42's. The fuel pump was the last weak link fuel wise.