Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall/Winter/Spring Plans?

Fall/Winter/Spring Plans?

So since Summer is winding down whats everyones plans for their cars in the Fall/Winter/Spring?

I'm buying a '74 Chevelle in a couple days, taking the 400 SBC out, giving it to my Dad (He'll bore it to a 427 SBC and put it in his Vega) gradually build a free 327 and swap it in. My first muscle car. :supz:

you dont just bore a 400 block to 427. you put in a stroker crank with a mild overbore( probably.030"). but honestly, if youre not going all out with the motor, id say just bore it .030" over, and keep it a 406. nothing wrong with that engine.

as far as winter plans, that all depends on how the rest of this year goes. im heading to the strip on Sept. 23rd. im going to have my NX kit on my car, so if the motor blows, i" be trying to build a new motor this winter.

id also like to get a bit more bodywork done, we'll see how that goes. something else id really like to do is clear as much wiring out of my engine bay as possible. without my heatercare under my dash, i have tons of room to mount all my wiring.

an interior would be nice too i guess....

i would love to get my interior done... if i get the rest of the smal engine shit done..
    Sweet as honey....but stings like a bee!

i'm getting new tires tuesday, i have a huge gash in the side of one of mine. woooo.

but thats about the extent of my plans. exciting, i know, but i'd rather have a house than a nice looking or faster car.

um...i see so much potential in my car, but just dont have the disposable cash to do much about it.

i may go to the track just because i live by it and im curious.

engine swap and body work

Re: Fall/Winter/Spring Plans?

save my money for a nice car...i am starting to learn it's easier to have a nice car to start out with and work on than a decent / crappy car to work on. plus it makes it much more fun knowing your car is already nice.

Winter.. how I shall miss thee
    2006 Subaru STI

SPT Intake | SPT Catback | Cobb AP Stage 1
    V-Spec Lip | Tein Hood Dampers | Perrin Strut Tower Bar
    CF Radiator Shroud | CF Alternator Cover | LED Interior Kit

i just need a new windshield, master cyliner, and dash pad for mine to be all done finally.

but if i dont get that stuff done before the late fall early winter i will do disc brakes all the way around.

I think i said this last year, but

New FMIC and piping, replace front oil pump cover, and get a new damn O2 housing, so i dont get that noisy exhaust leak at the Down Pipe! >=(