18. You may not vote on this poll
  • mustang

6 33.33%
  • Trans Am

12 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help choosen

help choosen

well, tryin to decide what car i want to get when i do get one. right now im lookin at two. heres what i know about the two

87 Trans Am
    5.0L
    black/black
    T-Tops
    114K miles
    auto
    bone stock

91 Mustang LX hatchback/fastback
    orig. 2.3 now has 302 from early 90's lincoln
    white/?
    edelbrock rpm intake
    holley 600 carb
    MSD ignition
    BBk headers
    flowmaster exhaust
    B&M hammer shifter
    C6 from 79 truck.

both are pretty much rust free

i have already had a mustang and a trans am, but the pony was a 4 banger, and the TA was just a POS.

im likin the black on black and t-top of the trans am, but the mustang sounds like it would be pretty quick. which would you choose? (say they are the same price)
    love me or hate me, i am who i am. if you choose to hate me :finga:

Re: help choosen

Well either would be a good fast car if built right. Right in with the specs you listed I'd go with the mustang cause more then likely the 302 will walk all over the 305 T/A.

Make sure the T-tops are not going to leak like a sive all over the place if you go with that one. They will get water inside if you apply too much pressure around different areas of the weather stripping.

The mustang could of been ragged on pretty good beings a 302 was dropped in place of a 4 cyclinder.... but pay insurance on a 4 cyclinder vs a v8 isn't too bad either.

If the TA is fuel injected not throttle body you can get yourself a nice 350 set in there with that and have a nice running car. It's all up to personal preference.
    Naturally Aspired vs Forced Induction:
    This is easy, its like a handjob vs a blowjob.
    The handjob you can give yourself so its cheap and easy.
    The blowjob might cost you more, but the end result is much better.

the guy who owns the mustang is in his 30s. i asked him if it was pretty quick, and all he said is "well... im sure it could get up and go if you wanted it to" im jus not sure about the C6 trans from a 79 truck.

plus im guessin the TA would get better gas mileage (still not great... but better) plus i LOVE t-tops. but then i have always loved mustans. i guess i have a few days to think about it atleast.

go with the stang, id ditch the c6 asap though c4s are fairly common or better yet get a t5 manual tranny, i had a 86 iroc with tpi and liked it, it moved allright but nothing like either of my stangs...

Re: help choosen

I'd defienetly check over all the work on the stang. Just because it has all these mods doesnt mean they were done right.

Also the t/a like mentioned check the t-tops and also rear suspension.

Also depends on your plans you have and how much your wanting to spend. Both are fairly cheap to mod and handle mods well.

I'm not a fan of 3rd gen f-bodys anymore having owned an 84 z28 camaro so i say go with the stang. But in the end its all up to you. And what you see yourself driving.

well. this is gonna be project

"DONT TOUCH THE FUCKING THING!!!!"

im leanin towards the TA i love t-tops, and my favorite color is black. if i did do anything to either, i would just add some NOS, but i dont want to touch it.

which is the main reason i dont keep the talon, i know that with the DSM around, i will never have the money to finish my fiero. cuz i would have some cams, injectors, FMIC, and god knows what else.

lookin for somethin that looks nice, and has a lil balls, plus i miss RWD

i voted TA only cause Im parshal to them.
    Sweet as honey....but stings like a bee!

91 Mustang with a carburetor. have fun with that. in my mind, defeats the purpose. sounds like a country bumpkin hotrod. wouldnt want to deal with all the cobbled shit people have probably done to it.

besides, i like my distributor in the back.

Dustin

you said country bumpkin.... LOL

C'mon people, 47 views and only 5 votes?