Well its getting close to time to put our nice cars away and pull out our beaters… So what better time then to have another CR:U event?!?!

CR:U presents the first annual CR:U Ski trip! Yes my friends, snow, snowboarding, skiing, snow bunnies, tubing, and hot coco and buttershots, did I mention the snow bunnies?… ahhhh life is good =)

There are some options and I need input from all the members. First I would like to say this is not limited to CRU members only, if you have friends or family that would also like to come then that is PERFECTLY fine. But before I can go any further in the planning of this we have do decide on where we will be ventuing to and taking over.

I will list the three places:

SnowStar in Andalusia, IL. This would be the easiest for me, seeing I work there. They are by far the cheapest and they offer snow tubing for those who do not wish to ski but don’t like having to walk back up hills when they are sleding. It is also the smallest location… For you extreme types, don’t worry, there is a park, I design it every year. So there is little stuff for the n00bs and I have some go-big or go-home kickers that you can huck off of.

There is full eating facilities and bar. Full rental for Snowboards, skis, and snowblades. (those little skis like rollerblades) And its about an hour from CR.

Chestnut Mt. in Galena, IL (right across the river from Dubuque) This is my favorite place to ride within an hour and a half drive from my house. Their facilities are BEAUTIFUL. (note: Guys if you have a GF and you want to have a romantic evening then just stay after the CRU group leaves and rent a nice room and spend the evening in candle light and hot tubs and romantic scenery) For the mid-west they are the largest acreage of skiing terrain. They have an AWESOME park… they know me so they allow me to throw some heftier tricks and not get kicked out. So if some of you can throw down and your riding with me im sure there will be no problems. Downside is that they don’t have stuff for people that don’t want to ski / snowboard / snowblade. Unless you just wanna sit in the hot tubs or what not.

Sundown Mt. in Dubuque, IA Personally I hate this place… But the facilities are good. This is NOT the place to have a romantic / fun weekend with your hot GF by the way. I think it is about the same distance from CR as Snowstar is. They also do not have snow tubing or anything but skiing / boarding. And I use the term boarding loosely cause their park is designed by idiots (last time I was there anyway. They built the tabletops backwards) They are whiney about people going fast and jumping in general. For the price of sundown compared to the quality of what they have I don’t go.

OK so there are the choices… Attached is a spread sheet with prices. It will be cheaper for us to go as a group on a weekday rather then a weekend / holiday. So I was kinda thinking about getting it around everyone’s spring break kinda thing. But a date will be determined on the next update. For now vote on this and any opinions you would like to add.