CR:U Members,

Recently, one of our members (DragonUSMC) brought up the idea of having a car club for CR:U. However, it has come to our attention that we are not quite ready to have a full-fledged car club. The idea is good, but it is apparant that CR:U needs some more time to develop before we can take that step. So first of all, a big thanks goes out to Jay for making that suggestion and doing the research for it.

Upon discussing it, we stumbled onto another idea that was brought to us by Lil Murk. The idea is simply that we create a small team of cars that do track racing. This would give many of us a reason to come out to the track and spectate, and would give other members something to shoot for.

Basically, there would be a limit to how fast a car must be in order to be able to respresent CR:U as a part of "Team CR:U." For starters, I think we should put the limit at a 14.5 second quarter mile. This would make it so we should have at least 2 or 3 cars that could represent us, but still leave the limit at an achievable level for many people who are just shy of that mark. (Exe: the old man! Logans Dad who has been pulling lowwww 15's from what I hear but should be creeping into the 14's soon)

I realize 14.5 is a pretty high number, and maybe later we can tighten it somewhat, but let's face it guys: Cedar Rapids is not known for their fast cars....YET. If we can get the ball rolling on this, it would give people something to shoot for. I think it would add incentive for a lot of people to mod their cars and run some faster times.

The only requirement for the team is that they represent CR:U on their car is SOME way. A windshield banner will be highly recommended (and paid for by CR:U), but even a pair of the small CR:U stickers on your rear windows will do just fine. There would be no liability within this team at the present time. We would just ask that you make attempts to show up at the CR:U events.

Remember, as a member of Team CR:U, you would be representing us everywhere that your car goes! A certain level of class would have to be shown when you are in public!

Maybe we can boost the growth of the import scene in this town? What do you guys think?

Zac