View Poll Results: is this how the rest of my life will be?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 25.00%
  • no

6 75.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: story of my life

story of my life

so as some of you probably know i was having problems with my car a while back. so i took the time to research, and research and research the causes of my problem. after about 2 engine swaps and about 2000 dollars i finally said fuck it with these reman engines. so i pulled the out of my car and sold it on ebay.

i then bought an engine out of chicago that has a ported and polished head, fp1 cams, 2g pistons on 1g rods and everything was arp. this engine was completly rebuilt and everything was oem. i have every reciept and they add up to about 2500 dollars. i am thinking to myself the whole time this is gonna solve the problem i have been having. so i get it all done and it runs like a top for about 2 weeks and the problem of spark knock comes back.

at this point i figured i should take it to a mechanic to get the wiring harness tested because i had changed every single thing but that. so i took it to a shop that said it should be no problem to fix.

265 dollars later i pick the car up and it has mechanical knock!!!! it is so loud you can barely hear yourself think. come to find out while they were supposed to be testing the wiring harness they were out beating the FUCK out of it!!!

so i took it to a different shop after i get my lawyer lined up and find out they spun a rodd bearing and caused about 2000 dollars in damage.

the name of the shop i first took it too i cannot say at this point but i think some of you already know.

talk about getting shit on!!!

i just wanted to get this off my chest. thanks for listening
    car-4500
    new engine-3500
    alignment-300
    evo 3 turbo kit-1200
    air filter-50
    rims and tires-750
    gauges-40
    misc. shit-200
    bov-160
    owning a dsm, PRICELESS.

eww.. was this just recently?

just found out 3 days ago
    car-4500
    new engine-3500
    alignment-300
    evo 3 turbo kit-1200
    air filter-50
    rims and tires-750
    gauges-40
    misc. shit-200
    bov-160
    owning a dsm, PRICELESS.

that sucks, i've had a couple problems with that type of thing too. not as bad, but problems that showed up after i took my truck in to get worked on. sucks.

IAF Team Member
    so you are suing? i would, god damned how dumb can they be.

good luck man!
    ‘47 Willys CJ2A with an SBC

ive been wondering where you have been, Bob. havent heard from you in a while. i hope shit works out for you, maybe we could have another race right before winter again, hehehe.

Dustin

that was a cold night dustin.

bob; arent you workin at autozone now? i took my girlfriends truck their to get the CEL checked out, i thought i saw you outside fiddling with some guys big truck.

that was a really cold night, but i still managed to hook alright, which was all i was worried about. well, i guess freezing to death in my car that doesnt have a heater was up there somewhere too, hehehe. i was driving wearing a hoodie, a carhartt, a stocking cap and a scarf. it was rediculous.

Dustin

IAF Team Member

Re: story of my life

This is why i have never taken my car to a mechanic. It's just hard to get a trustworthy one. Specially with a fast car. They think they can just go beat the fuck out of it and have no consequences. I remember when i had a grand prix and we took it to the shop for a few things and i got it back and they had put like 500miles on the clock...seriously. 500 miles!!!

Man, when you are done with the legal process make sure you let us know who it was I am sure some of those who dont know would not want to go there. Thats shitty, but man sounds like a pretty easy case.