Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to turbocharge your 90-94 DSM (2.0l non-turbo specified)

You left out the fact that insurance will be cheaper too
    6 bolt block with turbo pistons and crank for sale

IAF Team Member
    If i had to do it all over again i would still go the route i did. Mainly because i completly rebuilt my motor like 20k before i did the conversion. Now if you were able to get your hands on a complete turbocharged car like you did for that cheap then it would probably be easier,cheaper and less time consuming to do the swap. If i was him and had a spare motor i would turbocharged my N/T with the stock pistons and see what it could handle....because you have a spare motor if anything goes wrong! yes insurance is very much cheaper! The only lacking part is AWD DAMMIT!

PS...by the way if FoxRacing wants to do that and you guys need some help just ask me.

I still don't know why you didnt take a turbo 46g63 and build it on the side. They arent that hard to come by. I know it would have saved a lot of time. And with you being fwd, prolly would have taken about a day to do the swap since you already had injectors, and ecu wired in. as well as your gauges and s-afc. The only part of my rebuild i enjoyed was the actual buiding of the engine, so if you want to build another one..w/out BS(balanceshafts) let me know. i love it.

IAF Team Member
    because colton i would have to FIND a turbo 4g63 and then have the money to buy the engine...then all the parts to build it up. Remember i rebuilt my engine like 20k ago with EVERYTHING new so i did NOT want to redo all that stuff i already did. THen you have to worry about your tranny bolting to the turbo block. Now if you could get your hands on a crashed turbo 4g63 with the tranny and motor then that would be ideal. But if you have a few parts and your motor is in good shape then go ahead and save A LOT of time and money and turbo your N/T.

i still disagree, i c not even totaled turbo awd/fwd's for sale in the $500 range, there have been several on here. i know you rebuilt your n/a engine, but then you replaced everything so i dont see the big deal.

IAF Team Member
    The big deal was that i was still deciding if i wanted to turbo my car or not so i rebuilt the motor. When i finally decided that i wanted to turbo it i had already spent time and money on rebuilding it so i went with this way so i wouldnt have to rebuild the motor from the donor DSM.

Good deals huh? I remember them as being ABSOLUTELY AWESOME deals... its all good. Least the hard part is over. (those long hours of sitting there watching are tiresome.) I would have helped out more if my god damn parents weren't gay. Dont worry this summer will be much better. Considering i will work everyday and go where i want.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

IAF Team Member
    rrrrright. No one helped me with my turbo conversion! Your dad helped me weld one thing and taught me how to hone the cylinders. That was about it. Sorry did it all myself with a bunch of people sitting there watching me enjoying themselves. It was fun having 7 people sitting in lawnchairs with the garage open and me tearing into my car. Good times good Times.

I'd say we all enjoyed watching you lol. Those were really some good times. Back when I didnt have any speeding tickets...back when i still looked forward to getting my 17th license...damn cops/bastards..
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

I miss the old school days of forums. Facebook has killed the forums.
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric