View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the way CR:U is run?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 89.47%
  • No

2 10.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you satisfied with CR:U?

I can understand feeling mislead. My problem with your complaint is that you're complaining about the people on CR:U, not really CR:U itself.

We've provided all the necessary tech forums. Now whether or not they get used is beyond our control.

If you go to a forum that actually has really good tech forums. Do a member search, and see how many of them are from Cedar Rapids. Hell, see how many of them are from Iowa.

IDK, I guess I haven't really noticed that problem. If I have a problem, or I want to talk about something involving cars, I'll go into one of our tech forums and post it. I always get the response I wanted and then some. I think the problem is the lack of people actually starting topics in those forums. I've made a consious effort to increase it, but my solution (which would be to abolish the car specific forums, which would cause all the tech stuff to be discussed in "general auto discussion" and "tech questions and info" and therefore more of the topics will be seen and responded to.) nobody seems to want to do that.

Zac

Somewhat.. I say that mostly because I have just noticed all the threads in the trash have been locked. That is supposed to be Trash, with no moderation. I can't say anyone was really being harmed in any of those threads, or so it appears. It kinda just took the idea of the trash and cleaned it. Now it's not even what it originally was for. As far as moderators as well, there are a lot, or at least for what I'm used to, since I come from a forum with around 2300 users, not saying thats a lot or anything really, but it has only 3 adminestrators and 1 moderator, and it's a good forum, easy to use, so and so. As far as everything else on the site, it's all good, and quite entertaining and such to use. So very good job so far, but I guess there are a few things that I personally feel could be improved, but overall, the forum is good. Congrats.
    5E-FE Bottom End
    4E-FTE Head
    5E-FHE Cams
    CT-9 Set-Up
    Blitz K1-200V Turbo
    What?

Well there's a good thought there....is unlocking all the topics in the trash something that you guys want to do?

I only started locking them just to ease some of the tension that was being caused there. Personally I never did see the harm in having a forum for people to fight in.

So as long as nobody has a huge problem with that, I'm going to unlock all those topics.

Thank you for the suggestion, Paseo.

Zac

well Zac, i really don't have much to say, i think that you are doing a good job with things. i think the website is awsome, i didn't know what to expect, the main reason i joined the site is becuase when i was hanging out with dustin a lot he would always tell me something about what was on the site and i just felt like i was out of the loop on a lot of stuff he was talking about.

there have been some topics that really dont interest me, but then there are some that are awsome. i never thought that i would last this long on here so Zac you must be doing something right! but the more i type this i am thinking that some poeple think i just joined just for the hell of it, well you are right, but also i do like cars a lot. i mean i don't know very much about cars but i love going to car shows with my dad.

but yeah anyways right now, Zac, i don't have a problem with the site i think you are doing a really good job. i will let you know if something comes to mind.

A high school hang out? well.......not that many of us are in high school so that dosent make much sense. And there a lot of people on the site who know their shit about cars, idk.....i like it...its cool. good job.
    *~Amanda~*

2000 Honda Civic EX

You know how I work it, and when I work it....it's hot

yeah...my opinion is that when some people can't fit in to a certain group of people, their first reaction is to despise them. That's why some people won't come into the clubhouse and talk...and most of those people just so happen to think that the clubhouse is "worthless."

almost every forum has an "off topic" section. And in 99% of them, the off topic section is either the most used section or the second most used section.

Zac

IAF Team Member
    I think the site has really grown. It has come from some tiny site that supplied racing information (where abouts and what not) and now its a huge site with a lot of members and now quite a bit of information. It just seems that we have soo many members but i would say only about 20-30 are really active. You just see the same old people talking.....not that there is anything wrong with that whatsoever! I think have a trash forum and clubhouse forum is a good idea because it raises the post level of the site and there is always somewhere to talk because people jsut throw out all kinds of crap on those forums! This website is growing rapidly and will keep growing if we can keep up the positive things. One thing you could do Zac is invite company's to look over the site and see if they would want to be a part of it. Now that you have a legitamate sponsor (Import Evolution) it probably wouldn't be too hard to get some other company's in on it. You might be able to get some suggestions from them and make a few connections along the way. If we had a few more sponsors we could start a forum about parts from that company. Something like how the customer service is, how parts are, how they fit and the cost. It would give a chance for companys to know how they are doing and how people appreciate them. It is just an idea that could develop over some time. Overall the site is turning out great and keep it up man!!

i just wanted to clarify. i wasnt bashing anyone on here...i love all the people on the site, and i like the site. i was just trying to say that i thought there would be more specific tech forums and stuff like that...but the site is cool.
    sorry for any confusion and i hope nobody took it the wrong way.
    car-4500
    new engine-3500
    alignment-300
    evo 3 turbo kit-1200
    air filter-50
    rims and tires-750
    gauges-40
    misc. shit-200
    bov-160
    owning a dsm, PRICELESS.

Yeah I have thought a lot about getting some other sponsors for the site. I agree with you Trevor that having Import Evolution here with us will really help other companies feel more comfortable with sponsoring us.

Not only does sponsorship affect us as a website with the money that we gain from our sponsors, but also it helps our members out in many different ways.

Firstly, I guarantee you will all be the first to know if Import Evolution has a big sale. I told them that if they had a big sale, to let me know and I would put out an e-mail to our 400+ members as part of our advertising agreement.

We can't expect to have 20,000+ members anytime in the immediate future. That's simply because we're mainly trying to get members from cedar rapids or surrounding areas. If you really think about it, that's a pretty small scale to be working with. I haven't really looked much into search engines or paying for advertising on other websites because at this point, I'm really only interested in gaining members from our area of the country.

I personally am very comfortable with how CR:U is run right now. We are big enough to have substantial get-togethers and pretty soon we won't be able to eat out at restuarants anymore because we're pretty much reaching the limit of people that can be brought to a restuarant. I've already looked into renting party rooms at hotels in the future where we would bring our own food, our own entertainment, and make a night of it.

A friend of mine is having a "going-away" party at a party room in a hotel and we're all bringing our xbox's and TV's and we're going to have a huge Halo 2 tournament and probably play some Dance Dance Revolution. They allow kegs in these party rooms so there will be plenty of drunkenness as well. lol.

Anyways...Thanks for the compliments Trevor, and thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to be looking into getting some more sponsors on the way.

Zac

It's okay TSI. You're a car-buff. And right now we're not as high on that scale as we'de like to be.

I have thought about your comments a lot....and I had an offer from 4banger a few months ago that I wish to discuss with him some more. I think you'll be better satisfied in the near future.

Zac