View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the way CR:U is run?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 89.47%
  • No

2 10.53%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you satisfied with CR:U?

Are you satisfied with CR:U?

I just basically want to know what everyone thinks of this website. There are mixed feelings. I know there are some of you out there that think CR:U is the best thing since sliced bread.

However, I talked anonymously with someone on the CR:U chatroom that doesn't post here anymore, yet views the site a lot. Apparantly he's not too fond of me or the way I run CR:U. Krustin was there with me.

Here's your chance to sound off. First I want to know what your overall opinion of the site is.

Next...and don't be pussies...I want you all to tell me what YOU would change about CR:U if YOU were the owner. I don't care if it's completely off the wall or if it's just a small change. Just sound off. I can't promise anything, but I aim to please. I realize you can't please everyone, but I at least want to know how many people are pleased right now and if they're not, I want to know what the problem is.

My last comment goes out to the person whom I was chatting with anonymously in the chatroom. This person claimed he was "boycotting" CR:U. I actually thought this guy was pretty cool on the old forums when he was around. He claims he's boycotting because he didn't agree with wiping out the forums (aka...he was pissed that his huge post count got erased and didnt' want to make it up like everyone else.) My comment is this: Are you really going to be that stubborn that you'll "boycott" a website?

Let me see if I can explain this to you. If you "boycott" something because it has changed in a way you dislike, it normally means a couple things:
    1. You want to participate in what your'e boycotting...otherwise you wouldn't care.
    2. You have no voice in helping to make the changes you'de like to take place.

He also claims CR:U has too many moderators. Does anyone think this is true? We have 13 total moderators. By my calculations, that is one moderator for every 31 CR:U members. Is that really that odd of a ratio? I think having a lot of moderators is essential for a forum such as ours. I can make anything happen by sending out an e-mail to my moderators and letting them know what's up.

Not to mention, this guy claims our moderators "are not actually moderating." Does anyone think this is true? Firstly....moderating does not mean jumping into random topics and saying "get the fuck back on topic or I will ban your asses." To me, moderating means that posts get moved to the appropriate categories in a timely fashion, posts are altered or (possibly) deleted that are deemed innapropriate, and someone is there to step in *politely* if a post gets really out of hand.

Also, this person claims that there is almost nobody on this site with any sort of car knowledge. In addition to that, he claims that all the techies are walked over and stepped on...therefore being scared away. Okay, I believe that we don't have a ton of car techies on this site. However, how many super knowledgable car guys are there out there that like to post on online forums all the time? I can't really name many. And when the hell was the last time Krustin, DJ, RysBrnr, 4banger, or any of those other car buffs EVER not had the last word in an argument. Do you guys really think the forementioned guys get walked on? IDK...I'm not too sure about that.

The guy also claims that (and he didnt' know he was talking to me) the direction I've taken the site does not follow what the majority of CR:U members really want. Basically he's saying that the majority of the members of this site want it to be a 100% Car Technicians website where only really intelligent car buffs can go to share information. Basically inferring that 75% of the website members should be deleted.

I'm not trying to say I"m not open for suggestions. But I personally believe a lot of things this guy said is untrue. I really wish he would stop hiding and get on here and speak his mind. Once I told him that he was speaking with the owner...he left the chatroom and I haven't heard from him since.

So please...let me know what you think. Vote, and then get on here and tell me what you would make better. Feel free to respond to any of this guy's rants as well if you'de like.

Zac

I personally believe that we all joined this site for one reason at first: we all have a love for cars. I LOVE cars, true i dont have a cool fast car...but I love them and thats the reason I joined it wasn't until later than i enjoyed coming because of the people here.

As far as moderators....we only have about .....30 people who post regulary right? maybe the moderators should be only the people who are doing stuff....idk if you can check that...but i doubt all moderators do their job.

CR:U is great because you can come here for stuff about cars but also you can meet many other people who love cars and many who like racing. Its a way to meet people who share the same lov eas you do. MAYBE there are a few things that can be fixed but nothing major.

I think CR:U is a pretty awesome website....and there is my opinon on that
    *~Amanda~*

2000 Honda Civic EX

You know how I work it, and when I work it....it's hot

Well as far as the moderators go...I really don't look much into how many people are posting as much as I look into how many posts we have.

Any moderators who are not active (Which only means that you view the site at least once a day) will definitely be removed. But in taking a quick glance at our moderators, it looks to me as if most of them are pretty active.

Thank you for the compliments Amanda. I realize that not everybody is going to be satisfied with the way things are run, but when you hear a negative comment, from an owner's prospective, you want to know how many others feel the same way.

Zac

i think i know who youre talking about Zac. i wouldnt let it bother you. people are going to have problems with things we do no matter what. you cant please everyone, you know that. with how many people we have on here regularly posting, you have to know youre doing something right. it takes a pretty condescending person to claim that no one here has any knowledge of cars.i say fuck 'em. dont let one person let you feel like the site is no good.

Dustin

I personally like the site... I mean obvisouly look at the difference I am now compared to what I was 3 months ago..

Like amanda said... its peopel who love cars... and yeah i have kinda become a social site also... but I dont see anything wrong with that... just because people are getting more comfortable with each other.. and every becoming friends from the site... I think thats a good thing... and it supports the "family" ties we try to relate too.

then like dustin said... "fuck 'em" you really are not going to make everyone happy. I myself am not a car buff... and I'm sure everyone who knows me would agree... so I just stay outta the car tech forums... I read em... to keep an eye on things.. but I try not to pist like i know shit.. cause I don't..

So I say keep up the good work buddy... most people are not going to come on to YOUR website and tell you that your wrong.. so I think maybe the survey idea would be a good one... or something to keep things alittle more anynomous to get a better honest opinion from most...
    Sweet as honey....but stings like a bee!

Thanks gus. I must say I am pleased with the voting results so far. 5 yes answers to 1 no.

Honestly though guys, if there is anything you would change, dont' think it's going to start a huge problem or something. I am totally open to suggestion.

I'm not angry at the person who said all the bad things about CR:U. I just think he was a little misinformed. I am very interested in hearing if anyone would like to see changes

Zac

I think the mods should be able to be a little more strict on some stuff. Like being able to edit peoples posts, if they arent necessary, to make it sound really funny .
    I have some other ideas, but I have to go now. I will post them when im back.

but zac, you are doing one hell of a job with this site. the one thing i dont like about it is that there arent enough posters and arent enough topics when im bored .

only prob with that... is one mods opinion of necessary and someone elses might be different.
    Sweet as honey....but stings like a bee!

It just bugs me because the guy I was talking to....he was really cool on the old forums. Him and I actually talked a little bit on the old forums. Now he turns around and bashes on me and the way I do things.

Sometimes you'll never know who your friends are.

Zac

i like all the people on the site dont get me wrong. but when i heard about the site i was informed it was a good source for tech forums. and yes there are tech. forums but there is no talk on them. clubhouse, newbies intro, trash...ect. are worthless threads... there are hardly any topics started in trash, clubhouse is just a bunch of ppl talkin about stuff that they could talk about on msn or something like that.

so i guess what i am saying is either i was misslead when i was hearing about the site, or the site has changed from tech forums to a highschool hang out.
    car-4500
    new engine-3500
    alignment-300
    evo 3 turbo kit-1200
    air filter-50
    rims and tires-750
    gauges-40
    misc. shit-200
    bov-160
    owning a dsm, PRICELESS.