View Poll Results: Which Is Worse?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alcohol

23 62.16%
  • Marijuana

14 37.84%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Is Worse? Alcohol Or Marijuana?

yeah alcohol doesn't give you cancer.. just liver disease.

cirrhosis, which is the end result of long term liver damage.. kills more men a year than parkinsons, and more women than cervix cancer..

21% of all psychiatric patients are admitted to a doctor or a hospital because of alcohol..

heavy drinking increases your chance of a stroke by 45%..

alcohol is the third leading cause of death..

72% of rapes on a college/school campus are from the victim being too drunk to say no or put up a fight..

women who consume, on average, 2 drinks per week, increase their chance of breast cancer by 80%..

so yeah, alcohol might not give you cancer.. but i'd say all that stuff above is reason enough to say that alcohol is right up there with smoking.

hmmm...
    I personally have done both. I didn't like weed. I didn't get stoned...but I got high and was pretty hyper for a while. Pretty much the same thing from a sugar/caffeine high.
    Drinking from what I've seen can destroy lives. Both physically and mentally. My dad for instance, he's a pretty nice guy when he's had a few in him...but if he just gets home from a long day at the office and hans't had time to relax yet, he doesn't wanna say ANYTHING. Plus he has this really gross looking beer-gut. If he didn't have that, I'd say he'd look ten years younger.
    However, I've seen the effects of weed on people too. At the Hardee's I worked at when I was a kid...there were at least 3 potheads I worked with that didn't graduate from high school, and came to work constantly high. It was sorta depressing.
    Overall I think Ashley's right...it comes down to being the lesser of two evils. However, I think weed is the greater evil, IMO.

love is overrated. biochemically no different than consuming large quantities of chocolate.

Dustin

Here's something to think about though -

Whens the last time you heard of a husband beating up his wife and kids when he was stoned? It just doesnt happen, mainly because its quite hard to get that pissed at something while your high, you just wanna relax, laugh and enjoy the time spent with friends, what do most potheads do? sit around - smoke weed, play video games and listen to music - what do most drinkers do? go to parties get drunk rape girls - drive drunk - kill people - make horrible decisions - the list goes on and on, what harm to people who smoke weed really do? And to the fact that your x b/f works at hardee's, maybe he's happy - potheads very seldom do any harm, drinkers on the other hand usually always do, and to which is worse on your body, go ask a docter - I'll bet serious money he will say alcohol (ok I cheated I already asked more than one doctor), the effects of alcohol short term and long term and the fact its still legal and cannibis isnt blows me away, maybe someday people will not feeding off lie's and realize the truth, and do the person that said you got a buzz like eating to much sugar, you need to check your sources on where your getting your buds at cause that sounds like it had some tweek mixed in, normal weed never makes you extremely hyper, the first time I smoked I actually didnt get high either, but that was because it was shitty stuff, I went 4 years without smoking because I thought I was imuned, then I hit of a nice bong with some neon green hydro - I think I took 2 hits and I was gone, it was great - its all personal opinions - if you like drinking liquid that taste like ass, getting motion sickness and throwing up, not to mention doing things you dont remember, more power to you, if you like smoking some weed, watchin a movie, hangin out with your friends, listening to your favortie CD's, laughing, eating some food and going to sleep, then thats cool to.

Chris
    Just another slow LT1...

As far as alcohol making people beat their spouses etc. Alcohol is just going to bring out tendencies you already have. If you would never consider battering someone sober you wont do it drunk. I have never hit a girl or a child, drinking would never make me change that. Alcohol is no excuse for doing something like that, and anyone who uses it as such just has no real reason they didnt do it besides the fact that they lack self control in the first place.
    And as far as us being on a website aimed towards people who illegally race cars on public roads being reason to not care that smoking weed is illegal isn't a valid point. Using that same analogy I could say that since you sometimes drive over the speed limit you should feel ok buying a baseball bat and beating a random bum to death. Yeah noone is probably going to notice, care, or find you and arrest you, but that doesnt mean there isnt reason to choose to do one and not the other.

EDIT: and BTW if it wasnt clear in my first post I dont believe there are any drastic physical/psychological longterm side effects of smoking weed. I also believe that alcohol when used in a moderately resposible way has no long term side effects worth losing sleep over. The short term negatives of drinking too much are less important than the long term effects of getting caught with narcotics to me.

ive only puked once from being high, it was me my brother and his friend, my brother couldnt smoke any cause he had to pass a drug test for work, so i brought the rest of what i had which was about a dub and his friend has some bomb ass shit, we mixed it together and smoked almost all of it. i was riding in the back of car, i thought in my head i think i may puke, i shut my eyes and when i opened them i had my head out the door of the moving car leaving a line of puke on Edgewood road, it wasnt a perfect line tho cause i was laughing my ass off and puking, crazy things, then i left a nice little pile in front of some handimart
    deffinetely a good night of fun. the only shitty part was puking up my delicious mexican food i had eattin earlier, mmmmmmm

the poll should be what is worst tobacco or weed, but considering ppl dont smoke tobbacco for fun or w/ freinds or go to parties to do it , i think that the question is good

well i already said which one i think is worse....but i've had my share of fun with both of them, lol
    *~Amanda~*

2000 Honda Civic EX

You know how I work it, and when I work it....it's hot

i only smoke tabacco for fun, like only once every few months ill bum a cig from somebody gives u great buzz but i hate the taste not sumthin i could ever do on a daily basis but i guess its like beer its gotta grow on you the first time or if u havent done it for a while its gross
    97 Eclipse GSX

Mods:
    ACT 2100
    1G BOV