View Poll Results: Functional or purely asthetic?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Functional

5 62.50%
  • Not Functional

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Functional Side Skirts

Functional Side Skirts

2006 Subaru STI

SPT Intake | SPT Catback | Cobb AP Stage 1
    V-Spec Lip | Tein Hood Dampers | Perrin Strut Tower Bar
    CF Radiator Shroud | CF Alternator Cover | LED Interior Kit

I'm sure they are functional. Plus they look way cool!

sweet skirts man. bet thatll look real good on your car

I've always wanted to ask byran. But what is your car running? (horsepower,quartermile,0-60). I've always been curious.

the answer is 25. to all

i dont really see how those are functional unless you drive in reverse alot. they look badass though, and that would be good enough for me!

i agree with him. i think most side skirts are designed to blow cooler air at your brakes, havent heard of many to direct airflow on the side of the car and what not. i could be wrong though.

Dustin

most skirts are out there for looks period, widebody kits trys to push away the air so it doesnt catch on the rear bumper wheel well, and then you have some like the mustang type vent that are aimed to cool the brakes a little.

most skirts are out there for looks period, widebody kits trys to push away the air so it doesnt catch on the rear bumper wheel well, and then you have some like the mustang type vent that are aimed to cool the brakes a little.

I disagree.

Most generic brand kits maybe, like Wings West, Erebuni, etc are only for looks and don't provide functionality, but the original kits and current high end kits serve functionality purposes.

Bomex, Veilside, Kaminari, all make models of kits that are directed to be more streamline.

Some let air pass through the skirt to allow for less resistance when cornering, some direct air at the brakes for cooling, some push air away so it doesn't hook on the rear bumper, some do multiple functions.

I've been sideskirts that can be put on forward or backwards, in fact, the ones on my old galant were like that and lots of people put them either way. The ones on my car were purely for show, they were Erebuni. Not XtremeDimensions, although they stole pics of my car and have became my bitch cuz I caught them, lol, free sponsor and 30% off for me
    6 bolt block with turbo pistons and crank for sale