View Poll Results: Do you only come to CR:U to read the Clubhouse?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 11.11%
  • No

16 88.89%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Poll why do you come to CR:U

Yeah I guess so....but i think the races are only as good as those who are willing to participate....and im not one to preach....cause i haven't been there since i got busted up with em all......but you will always have your "ricers" out there.....and i almost think thats in any city scene.
    Sweet as honey....but stings like a bee!

Just to clarify....CRunderground is not the "official" street racing site. It is a general car site for people in cedar rapids that just happens to have *a little* information about what is going on at the races.

I own the site and I've been to 2 races...total.

This site hasn't been an official street racing link since we removed the "certified racers" section. Right now it's more of a connection for anyone interested in cars in Cedar Rapids.

As far as the site being full of people with slow cars...maybe you've got me there...and pretty much only me. I'm pretty much the only person here who doesn't have the desire to own a 10 second or faster car. I am working on engine work...but I am not interested in making my car go that fast.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, which has been said numerous times in this thread. But if I choose that I don't have the desire to own a 10 second car, that doesn't make me any less important than anyone else here and doesn't automatically make this site "full of people with slow cars with no intention on getting a fast car."

But hopefully you've noticed that we have no access to the street racing locations nor do we have access to the times. Using this website, you can find the people you need to find the races, but this site does not contain the information you claim that it does.

Thats very true and good points.....

Yeah youre probably right. I guess the site really isnt even about racing now...As far as I could tell that WAS the true purpose when I first came here. Thats why I lent a hand. To make a better place for local car performance enthusiasts.

Well the goals you mentioned are exactly what we are trying to do here.

Fact is, with only 121 members we're not in any position to do a whole lotta good right now.

What we're trying to do right now is make this a welcoming environment that people feel free to post in. I believe that is what we have right now. Then slowly as we start getting more members everyday I will begin to boost our tech boards. (I have my own plans for that :twisted: ) Once we get more tekkies talking, I will start adding new tech boards. (Such as Volkswagan....we have a few guys that are interested in starting this board right now)

Basically the site is moving in the direction that will please everyone, and that is having sections for people who know nothing about cars, more sections for people who want to learn a little bit about cars, and other sections for people who DO know a lot about cars.

Hopefully that helps clarify things for you. (My words can get confusing sometimes when I get tired...hehe) We're trying to help boost the speed in cedar rapids...but we're not directly affiliated with the CR Street races.

Hey..look at it this way...when I get my engine rebuilt and turboed to what is considered "decent" for speed (13-14's) this site will officially have increased the speed.

Also, Adam bought a Camaro that he is putting a bigger engine into after learning things about cars using the site and meeting the right people to help him accomplish it.

IDK, I would personally say that the site is doing what it was meant to do....but as it's been said over the years, nothing happens overnight. Mind you this site has only been around for 6 months.

But I'll take any help I can get. If you've got ideas or plans to help, drop me a PM and I'll work with you. I don't ignore anyone when someone wants to help me with the site.

Well I was a mod before, but since I dont know/care about DSM's and dont know more than anyone else here about hondas no reason to help there, and the other import is completely dead. If you think theres anything I can help with PM me...and Ill do likewise but as of now it doesnt seem like theres much I could do to change the site to suit other people really interested in racing/performance mostly because there really arent many of them heh.

Well we have a group of mods now that moderate all the forums except for the tech forums which I only allow the guru's of that sort of car to moderate. If you're interested in just being a general moderator, you should contact me.

Really the only thing I ask of my moderators is that they don't delete any posts....ever, and that they view the site daily and are among the site's top posters. (which is easy...just don't be one of those people with only 5 posts)

It just happens to be that most of the people that are intrested in cars go to the races. BUT i am one of those people that didn't start coming to this site until I started going to the races. Ive only been going to the races for about 6 months now
    *~Amanda~*

2000 Honda Civic EX

You know how I work it, and when I work it....it's hot

Yeah this site does have a all around mixing pot of people in it....like Zac had said....that kinda breaks it down......people who know, who want to know, and dont care to know.....but we all get along and have some interesting conversations!

Agreed.. I don't paticularly care to know.. lol. I pick up a little bit from Zac and his friends talking when we're all hanging out. But other than that.. I don't know a whole lot about cars or making them fast, and that doesn't really bother me.