Thread: ls1 block

ls1 block

I just had my block completely redone at the machine shop. New rods and pistons and honed. Just wanted to know if a ls1 block can get pitted in just 4 days?? Please help

I don't see nothing a sprayed wd-40 on the entire engine but one of the cylinders around the top rim I seen a ity bity black spot and I just wanted to know what that might be?

Who did the work? Can you post a decent picture. If the bore is lubed ofter machining and cleaning it should be fine for quite some time unless it gets wet or damp.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

I had mine sitting around for almost a year. Just sprayed wd40 on it every so often and kept it wrapped in plastic

You can get a surprising amount of rust on machined surfaces in a matter of hours, with oil or WD sprayed on there you should be fine tho. Anything is possible need to see it

Staybil fogging oil, silica gel and a plastic bag. Had a freshly bored, bare block sit in a shed for almost 2 years like that and not a spec of rust formed anywhere. I use the shit out of the fogging oil!! When I store my boat for the winter, riding mower, motorcycle, anything metal that will be sitting gets the fogging oil.

From the classified ad I posted for my built 4.6L after sitting for a few months.
    photo uploading
    Last edited by sLoWnStEaDy; 12-10-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    -_-