Thread: Random turbo Question....

Random turbo Question....

Can someone please tell me the differences between these 2 turbos other than the obvious......

Turbo 1: PTE5454-MFS
    54mm inducer
    3.0in inlet
    2.0in outlet
    54mm exducer
    T3 .63 A/R
    4 bolt 2.5in discharge

Turbo 2: PTE6262-CEA
    62mm inducer
    3.0in inlet
    2.0in outlet
    62mm exducer
    T3 .63 A/R
    4 bolt 2.5in discharge

I basically wanna know whats gonna be the biggest "driveabilty/performance" difference of the 2. the only difference in numbers is the wheel itself.
    Dallas Spinler-95 Honda Civic EX, B18B1 swapped
    91 Acura Integra GS frost white-sold
    91 4 door EF LS/Vtec spinler built, lil bit of spray-sold
    91 acura integra J1 trans I/H/E-sold
    99 civic ex coupe high compression mini-me swap- RIP Nov. 18th 2008
    91 CRX base SOHC ZC swap non-vtec- sold
    "You dont build a honda to go fast or make money, you build a honda cuz its what u like, its your hobby...."

Huge difference on both sides. 8mm more inducer and exducer will really make a big difference in how the two feel. Even though the housings are the same size the internal wheel size still can make quite the difference in flow. To really use the large one you will have to rev it really high and run high boost, the other one less so. What is the engine size and compression? What do you want to make whp wise over all? If you don't plan on making 400+ whp go smaller than both.

Audi s4 guys use the a single 58/58 or 62/62 and thats a 2.7L. With stock compression and displacement some still think the 62/62 lags too much. All I'm saying yes the bigger turbos will work, but give up some nice midrange while not making much more power overall if you don't really turn them up.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Also the 5454e is an entry level budget turbo while the 6262 billet is one of pte's high performance lineup. PTE basically says their high end billet lineup makes more power and spools better. some of the entry levels are older designs/cheaper machined wheels.

Are you running this on a 1.8L ?
    9.875@150mph
    2012 Iowa Manual Shootout Champion, on low boost setting. -Flying Ryan
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Ben Franklin

Yea, its going on the LS..... wasnt sure how big of a difference the wheel made if the housings were the same. Still plan on using 5454 tho, in case we decide on more power later on. still shooting for 300whp and thats rated for 495. So im already expecting slow spool time but i think itll be fine. not overly huge for the setup, and theres a few guys that run them and like them.
    Dallas Spinler-95 Honda Civic EX, B18B1 swapped
    91 Acura Integra GS frost white-sold
    91 4 door EF LS/Vtec spinler built, lil bit of spray-sold
    91 acura integra J1 trans I/H/E-sold
    99 civic ex coupe high compression mini-me swap- RIP Nov. 18th 2008
    91 CRX base SOHC ZC swap non-vtec- sold
    "You dont build a honda to go fast or make money, you build a honda cuz its what u like, its your hobby...."