Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help on how to fix my Headers.

Need Help on how to fix my Headers.

I had Mike Salkowski to build me a set of foward facing LS1 headers for my mustang. Its not been a good experance at all. Was told it would take only 3/4 weeks and he had my car around 4 months and heades close to 5 months. I also had him install some subframe connectors and weld some anti roll bar tabs on my rear end. I bought Team Z sub frame connectors and when I got home and pulled the carpet back they didnt have the outrigger legs welded on them. Said he couldnt install them bescause of the cage. He also said he was going to send them to me them and thats been over a month. After about a month after I went to get my car I finally got my headers. And they wasnt coated like he said he would do, No bull horns on the end either. Mike told me he would send me my money for the coating and guess what NOPE I havent got it. WELL I bolted the headers on the car and one points at the ground and one points stright out and foward a little.They was also suppose to have muffler inserts and guess what NOPE. Is also suppose to be sending them to me as well. My question is how can I fix this????????????????????? Excuse the pictures being sideways. But you can tell that a person that couldnt see could have lined them up better. Guess a person LIVES AND LEARNS !!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh snap..
    Tyler- 2000 ws6 -
    2011 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout runner up (ed cheated)
    2012 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout auto class winner
    2013 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout auto class runner up
    wannabe grudge racer

"Ur built LS made 144 and 122 to the wheels and made power to 8k, if u cant see the beauty in that then i dont know what to tell you cuz eveyone at the dyno loved it and was amazed at the numbers."

always sucks to have the car down that long. not sure what the deal is but h&w or the twins are good at fabrication and welding in CR

"90 notch" on here.
    RIP - Twincharged Regal.
    04 Cobra - 11.4@123 ... 507whp/501wtq (2012)
    10.7@133 ... 641whp/610wtq (2013)
    9.999@141.00... Auto/SRA(2014)

Dont worry man, you're not the only one. I took my truck to mike to have some turbo piping tig welded up, and to re-mount my rack and pinion, and make it so my steering shaft would clear.... I took it tohim because he told me he wouldnt charge for having it sit their while i had stuff on order (which only took two weeks) and also if i bought all the material he would "hook a brotha up" he never asked for any labor money, but i helped him on his car and customer cars before he ever even started on my truck. The truck sat for 3-4 months without anything being touched. I had all the piping, bends, flex, vbands, steering shaft, and ujoints ordered and ready to go. So finally after 4 months of sitting there I said "hey do you want some money or something to get started on this thing?" he beat around the bush, then eventually requested $300 to get started.... I got the cash to him the next day. After a month, still nothing. Finally after helping him on customer cars that he pretty much saved for the day before they were to be picked up, staying their till 4am to get it ready, I got fed up and told him a date that i was going to come pick my truck up on (which was about another month away) and if it wasnt done, that would be fine, i would want my money back and i would take it somewhere else. Also during this time, he asked for another $60 to "help cover rent".

So the day i come pick it up i had a hard time getting ahold of him, but i was already on my way. I got there, he was there. I could tell he was super tired. There was a big mess in the shop, I could tell he did all of the work the night before. He also requested another $175 for "fab work". When i gave him that, he left the shop door open, helped us push it out of the shop, stood around for a few minutes talking until my wife noticed big nicks and scratches on the front fenders of my truck. She pointed at them, and before she could say anything he says "well i gotta go my wife is waiting for me" and left. (mind you i just put $6k worth of paint on the truck 8 months before). I was really fuckin mad when i saw this, we found the paint chips on the shop floor right where the truck sat, took all the shit out of the shop that was mine, and left. I texted him about the paint. He denied it at first, then he said "oh ill take care of you man, just give them to me and ill get them repainted". I told him no, knowing it will prolly take a year before i get them back.

Before all this happened he sold me a stand alone EFI system, that he claimed he had running on his car.... well after all summer of him not being able to get it tuned to where it would actually run, I soon figured out its never been on a running vehicle. While tuning we did find a few defective parts that threw us off... but once those were fixed he still couldnt get it to run. Even took it to the track twice thinking he had it dialed in... but never made a pass. Ive since started learning how to tune my self, and has gotten alot closer than its ever been.

I only know of two people that have had good luck with his business, and many many horror stories about it.. Not trying to stir shit up, or talk shit on anyone, just wanted to share my similiar experience.....
    1949 Chevrolet 3100 Rat Rod
    2001 GMC Jimmy 2door/4wd - Winter Rig/Cornfield Runner
    2001 GMC Sierra 2wd Single Cab Short Box Supercharged 5.3/4L60E - Driver
    1983 Chevrolet S-10 10.5's
    2004 Saturn Ion - Wifes Rig.

Man that sounds a lot like what happen to me. The night I dropped my car off he told me he would send me pictures. And every time I would ask him to send some he would tell me he had phone problems. And finally I done the same thing by telling him I would be there to get my car on a certain date. I got there late on a Friday night and it looked like he had been up for a long time. I had told him to have my headers weather they were coated or not. He had been giving me the run around about some coater having them and he couldn't get them back. Well when I got there guess what no headers and he had told me they would be there. BTW I live in Kentucky so Its not like I am just around the corner. When I found out he didn't have my headers I was very PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. After about a month of hearing I don't have good signal on my phone because he was at a race track or something I sent him a message wanting my money back and that the credit card company said they wouldn't have a problem getting my money back for me. My headers finally showed up. I do believe that he had my headers close to being done when I went and got my car but had to finish them after I picked my car up. That's why they are not lines up rite. Mike told me they are like that so I could cut them the way I wanted them. I didn't pay 1220.00 for me to have to work on them!!! He told me he was going to send me the money for the coating today BUT I am not holding my breath!!!!!!!!!! ITS awful that a person that says he is a drag racer would do this to other drag racers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever time I text or try to call him he reply's that he is in Texas or Tulsa at a race and don't have signal. Well Id get a new cell carrier! LOL . I usually don't and hate posting things like this BUT if this keeps another drag racer from getting the shaft from Mike Salkowski like I have I guess its ok.

If you want give me a call,at this point dont know if i could help BUT may be able to.Lorenzos 319-721-8875
    "Faith makes things possible not easy" -o-

Lorenzos to the rescue..lol
    "Faith makes things possible not easy" -o-

Yep had bad experience with him also...gave him turbo on trade for cage work..but changed my mind so told mike to give me tubing he had ordered or give me half of turbo value...all i got was a run around and still 2 years later not a penny!!! Had him do some welding on my turbo setup on my manifolds...claimed he did work but i found out later he had a welder at schoitz engineering where he worked at before getting fired do it......Warning avoid him!

You know there is something wierd about you saying someone else done his work. When my headers finally showed up they were in a Schoenfeld Headers box.