Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evolution 9 MR - 2.3 stroker - PTE 6262 - AMS - Sheepey hot parts

Evolution 9 MR - 2.3 stroker - PTE 6262 - AMS - Sheepey hot parts

Some of you might remember my Evo that I posted on here couple years ago, well she went through some changes since than, 3 setups to be exact. Now it's on the final setup and we're going all out, built motor and trans, upgraded fuel system, engine bay shave and wire tuck, etc.

The first setup

Got tired of the small turbo so I kicked it up a notch. Custom Forward Facing hot parts with a PTE 6266, etc.

Late 2013 I decided to pull the motor and freshen it up. Well it lead to me selling a lot of my parts and went a totally different route.

_Shortblock Manley 2.3 Stroker. Forged Crank, Turbo Tuff I beams, Platinum Series Pistons (85.5, 9.5:1 CR), ACL Main/Rod bearings, OEM thrust bearings, Cosworth Crank Scraper, ARP everywhere

_Mivec Head. GSC s2 cams, MAP valve springs/retainers, GSC valve seals, Topline lifters, Kiggly HLA, crack checked and resurfaced

_Turbo setup. Sheepey Built forward facing hot parts with 2 downpipes, one is the regular to cat back, the other is a side exit through the passanger side bumper, PTE BB 6262

AMS intake manifold
    Boomba 75mm throttle body
    AEM fuel rail and regulator
    Spoolin Up COP setup
    Double Pumper Walbro
    Exedy twin disk

The list will be updated

If some of you are not familiar with Sheepey Built, look them up. These are the hot parts Alex made for me. T3 flange, 44mm wastegate. The welds are flawless as you can see in the photos. They're known for "tear drops". Everything has been ported to perfection

Precision turbo is a ball bearing 6262, t3 inlet with vband out. If you guys are familiar with their t3 housings and 3" vband flanges, it's complete crap, it's 3" OD not ID so I cut off the flange and welded a true 3" on the housing.

Fuel system is a double pumper, 2 intank fuel pumps, 1 Walbro 400 (e85 safe) and 1 DW 255. There's 2 other pumps for backup, Walbro 255 and DW 255. At first I wanted to have a secondary switch for the other fuel pump, a Hobbs switch but it's too much of a hassle so it's all been hard wired. Injectors are FIC 1680s that just came in from cleaning and flow test.

nice pics and car

that sheep looks like it took a while to make $50 worth of sheep labor right there. fyi those injectors were pulled from the market by both FIC and ID. they were designed by bosch for propane vehicles, which is fine but one side effect on that part number was it was later discovered that they tend to change their flow rates under high temperatures

Evo X wheels, 18x9, and front brembos. The holes in the hub needed to be drilled out by 1mm so the bolts could fit. Installed product

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    nice pics and car

that sheep looks like it took a while to make $50 worth of sheep labor right there. fyi those injectors were pulled from the market by both FIC and ID. they were designed by bosch for propane vehicles, which is fine but one side effect on that part number was it was later discovered that they tend to change their flow rates under high temperatures
    Thanks man.

They're actually 1650s, FIC flow tested them and marked em 1680cc and 43.5 psi.

Coolant pipe and the tstat housing were both powdercoated black.

Got the head back couple of weeks ago from the local machinist/engine builder.

And a touch of Sheepey

AMS f1 intake manifold with AEM fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator. Its also ported to gasket spec, I'm using a thermal spacer to reduce the temp

Damn, thats a hell of a build. Everything looks top notch.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    Damn, thats a hell of a build. Everything looks top notch.
    Thanks. I'll be updating this thread throughout the build