Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Iowa Street Car Shootout layout, rules and registration

You act like the rules havn't been the same for the last 2 years....
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride

We also have to assume nobody builds there car to this races rules. Car count is more important than rules (at least to me) but one has to wonder if the parts keeping them out would really make a difference in the long run for race results. What do the other auto guys say?
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

I wouldike to see a functional horn and fictional radio added to the NOT required list. What good is a car in traffic with no horn and if it wernt for my radio I wouldn't be able to jam out!
    2014 IAF ROB PALMER SHOOTOUT AUTO CLASS WINNER

The spool was like $180. A good diff would have been way more.
    I could throw a couple bean bags in the back if it counts as a seat.
    RIP - Twincharged Regal.
    04 Cobra - 11.4@123 ... 507whp/501wtq (2012)
    10.7@133 ... 641whp/610wtq (2013)
    9.999@141.00... Auto/SRA(2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Batwood View Post
    The spool was like $180. A good diff would have been way more.
    I could throw a couple bean bags in the back if it counts as a seat.
    I may be wrong but aren't you needing new tires anyway? Maybe you bought some slicks and i didn't see that...
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride

The fact I don't have wipers, or Hvac, and break booster? I got manual brakes....Really wtf...lol
    2011 IAF/DS Rob Palmer Shootout Winner!
    SOLD!!! 99 Z28 aka "Blackie"
    SOLD!!! FASTEST H/C LS1 IN IOWA!
    JUST A PUMP GAS LS1...
    "EddyB and Son and Daughter Racing"
    New Azz Draggin Grudge Car comming soon!!!
    Comming in "2014" Bimini Blue POS LSX powered notch.
    93 Bimini LSX notch.....aka "BeaterEater"

Quote Originally Posted by slow ride View Post
    We also have to assume nobody builds there car to this races rules. Car count is more important than rules (at least to me) but one has to wonder if the parts keeping them out would really make a difference in the long run for race results. What do the other auto guys say?

I think if its going to be advertised as a street car race then make it a street car race. Drive from Cedar Rapids to Cedar Falls, race, drive home, if the car cant make it then its out. I dont think anyone would argue the cars that complete dragweek arent street cars and 80% of those would not be legal to enter this event. Allow chase vehicles so if there is a break down its less of a hassle.

There is some real nasty street cars around here and I think we owe it to the spectators to accurately represent this area in a non-pussified way.
    Last edited by Scott; 08-12-2014 at 07:18 AM.

^what he said
    RIP - Twincharged Regal.
    04 Cobra - 11.4@123 ... 507whp/501wtq (2012)
    10.7@133 ... 641whp/610wtq (2013)
    9.999@141.00... Auto/SRA(2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I think if its going to be advertised as a street car race then make it a street car race. Drive from Cedar Rapids to Cedar Falls, race, drive home, if the car cant make it then its out. I dont think anyone would argue the cars that complete dragweek arent street cars and 80% of those would not be legal to enter this event. Allow chase vehicles so if there is a break down its less of a hassle.

There is some real nasty street cars around here and I think we owe it to the spectators to accurately represent this area in a non-pussified way.
    so what rules would have to ensure that this stays a race for the slower guys like it was designed for and ran the last 5 years? the guys that don't race small tire or 10.5. not the "can drive" or "legal" to drive BUT the guys that normally drive it for the occasional weekend cruise, weekend warrior, occasionally drive it to work, etc. the guys that own a set of tires other then just slicks for their car. how are you going to keep the 12-13 second car guys from dropping out of the event?

or would you be happier if we just named it "pussy street auto class" ?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    so what rules would have to ensure that this stays a race for the slower guys like it was designed for and ran the last 5 years? the guys that don't race small tire or 10.5. not the "can drive" or "legal" to drive BUT the guys that normally drive it for the occasional weekend cruise, weekend warrior, occasionally drive it to work, etc. the guys that own a set of tires other then just slicks for their car. how are you going to keep the 12-13 second car guys from dropping out of the event?

or would you be happier if we just named it "pussy street auto class" ?
    Ryan I hate to break your heart but the slower guys arnt so slow anymore. It's no different then The manual class getting faster like they did last year. Rules will need alters with time or the racers that have supported since day one will have been ran out of a Race. Look at batwood for example his car use to run 12.60s it would not be normal if he was still running those times.
    2014 IAF ROB PALMER SHOOTOUT AUTO CLASS WINNER