Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAM track day

MAM track day

Getting the itch to take my new car to the track. Anyone interested in going to a fast friday event in June? Looks like June 20 and 27 are open. Another option is the Find The Line event on June 28-29, I'd be open to this since I wouldn't have to take a Friday off work. Has anyone been to those events? Is it just a normal HPDE with open lapping?

I really wanted to make the MCCI event on July 26th but that's the last day of RAGBRAI so I can't make it.

Fast Friday is just open for the most part. Last time I was there with friends we were 90% of the cars there. Like we owned the place which was great for figuring out the car.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

Once I get my trans and clutch broke in I will be down for some lapping. I know of some other people that would be down to hit up MAM. I'm interested in seeing your car and seeing it run. Are you riding RAGBRAI?
    Family car racing.

Cool, how soon are you thinking? End of June possibly?
    Just doing the last two days of RAGBRAI this year: Waverly -> Independence -> Guttenberg.

I would like to go and hang out. I can't run my car without a roll bar and hardtop.
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Xboosted23X View Post
    Once I get my trans and clutch broke in I will be down for some lapping. I know of some other people that would be down to hit up MAM. I'm interested in seeing your car and seeing it run. Are you riding RAGBRAI?
    Get those 500 miles put on the race car this week ricer boy.
    03 Cobra - Built Aluminator, 2.9L Whipple, E85 - 10.33 @ 137.4

Wife reminded me that we have a wedding to attend on June 28th, but I can do the fast friday on June 27th if you'll have those break-in miles done by then.

I'm almost done getting my car back together. How thorough is the tech?

My main concern is a rear mounted battery that is not enclosed, the terminals are covered though.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesabond View Post
    Nissan 240SX is a very superb car. It is a fastest car of Nissan. It looks very decent than any other cars and of Nissan also. It looks very attractive in Red color. It is very expensive car as it is a sports car of Nissan. It's maintenance is also high.

Not sure, I've never been there before. Might be worth calling them and asking.
    David, I was talking with Emily about the MAM day that MCCI is hosting at the end of July, she suggested we just do Friday for RAGBRAI and head over to MAM for Saturday, so it looks like I may be able to go after all.

I am almost positive I'm going next Friday, June 27th for the fast friday event @ MAM.

Good deal. I'm looking forward to getting out on the track. Just got the alignment today for this weekend. You going to make it?
    Family car racing.