Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how/when did you hear about CR:U/IAF?

IAF Team Member
    Who remembers Trent's talon that was painted like an american flag? That shit was awesome lol.
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    ;p brings back memories of getting trashed with Scotty.

This might be the reason I havent replied in here yet, I cant honestly say I remember how I heard about CRU or when it was... I remember the MSCA having their own forum initially and that was a shit show, then I think that brought around CRU for a more civilized forum so to speak, now we have IAF which is more of a cars and coffee show car forum than anything. Pretty sure this all took place in the early 2000's, there is some crazy memories in my head from that point of my life!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    Who remembers Trent's talon that was painted like an american flag? That shit was awesome lol.
    That was the 3000GT I believe

no, it was definetly a 2g talon. and i wouldn't call this a "cars and coffee" forum when probably 80% of the people here enjoy racing their cars.
    Rob Palmer
    Rest in Peace buddy...

"I wish I could buy stuff for my car, but there's nothing else to buy...except a steering wheel." Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by JacobS View Post
    no, it was definetly a 2g talon. and i wouldn't call this a "cars and coffee" forum when probably 80% of the people here enjoy racing their cars.
    trent had a 3000gt painted an american flag theme. i don't recall his talon being painted like that but I wouldn't be surprised if he theme matched that as well at some point in time.

About "cars and coffee" , Scotts just mad with the IAF event slogan .... "If you don't drive it on the street, you can't compete"

IAF Team Member
    He had a 3000gt and talon painted in american flag theme. His kid drove the talon to Jefferson every day.
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMods View Post
    trent had a 3000gt painted an american flag theme. i don't recall his talon being painted like that but I wouldn't be surprised if he theme matched that as well at some point in time.

About "cars and coffee" , Scotts just mad with the IAF event slogan .... "If you don't drive it on the street, you can't compete"
    I think I was the one who said ANY car should be legal to race as long as you drive it to the track, and didnt you trailer your car?? I just figured if you have a street car event the cars should prove it by driving on the street 60+ miles, not by following your list of "street car" stuff that some older factory built cars wont live up to.

No, the reason I made a comment like that is there is no promotion of any racing series in here except for the IAF race, and maybe some highlights of the 10.5 class if something crazy happens. You guys can run it how you want its no skin off my back, but there are racing series all around us for drag racing, auto-x, circle track, or whatever and its never seen on this site. I just figured if the majority of members were actually racers there would be more "material" here for racers and spectators interested in following it. Maybe driver lists, qualifiers, ET's, crazy stuff that happened, finishing position, stuff like that..

The only people here I know who race, are people I have raced against. For example I now know JustinS races something, but no clue what or how often, or where...

IAF Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    For example I now know JustinS races something, but no clue what or how often, or where...
    Ha! I haven't owned a car for three years now, I'm just here for the coffee.
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO

Amen scotty...you can only discuss which air filter to run for so long...hard to believe a majority of the people who actually race dont post much anymore, or for the past couple years for that matter.
    Tyler- 2000 ws6 -
    2011 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout runner up (ed cheated)
    2012 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout auto class winner
    2013 IAF/DS rob palmer shootout auto class runner up
    wannabe grudge racer

"Ur built LS made 144 and 122 to the wheels and made power to 8k, if u cant see the beauty in that then i dont know what to tell you cuz eveyone at the dyno loved it and was amazed at the numbers."

Quote Originally Posted by FiFdYnUtZ View Post
    you can only discuss which air filter to run for so long...
    The ultimate question here though... what one should I run?

1994 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4
    1994 Eagle Talon ES
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2001 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R