Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Sarge (2001 Audi S4)

stock bipipe so it will also flex a bit to where i need them. (they added 2.5" for the apr bipipes ect), deleting the checkerboard grills, headlight washers, and no fogs so no problems hopefully.
    "Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the V6 twin turbo is with me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my V6 with Motul Oil and Shell 91, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my driving and I will dwell in the house of the V6 Bi-Turbo forever."

AND ITS IN!!

Special thanks to Mike Stokes!
    "Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the V6 twin turbo is with me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my V6 with Motul Oil and Shell 91, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my driving and I will dwell in the house of the V6 Bi-Turbo forever."

Looks good!

How much of a pain was it to get those plumbed in there?

had it put in plus the power steering cooler in about 2 hours, took another ~2 to get the bumper on, little ghetto rigged for the bumper fitment is poor for that but bumper brace is in half, going to have my cousin and his mad fab skills redo the brace with some reinforcement. bumper is a mess, ziptied all the cracks, and drilled out the end of the cracks. Plans are to run an RS4 bumper from Ebay in the next year and new headlights.

Pics of the close to finished product will be up tommorrow after a wash and some pissing with the bumper again.

But bipipes are freezing cold compared to the hot pipes in so its doing its job, should yeild some good results at the track as by the end of my run the iats where way higher by the end of my run due to heat soak. Also will be rigging up a sprayer from the headlight washer sprayers.

Little installed love...Gotta figure how i'll mount the grills (minus the zip ties) going to probably hack the euro plate area out for more air flow...Did a few pulls, definately makes a little better power up top (heat soak in one gear is still bad with stock intercoolers and 2x the boost) and REALLY can tell doing back to back runs, very consistant.

plus it looks kind of mean

The fight never ends with this car...no start condition, looks like its either the temp sensor causing an issue, or the crankshaft position sensor(fuel pump priming getting a couple pops, then randomly it starts and runs fine, or wont rev)...Got the crank sensor ordered and disconnecting the temp sensor today (believe that should tell me which it is) Cheap issue, but frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorny1 View Post
    The fight never ends with this car...frustrating.
    Pretty much sums up the B5 generation.
    1997 Audi A4, bolt ons

So infuriating yet wouldn't trade it for anything that I could afford

Just awaiting Injectors and the wastegate to be fixed. Then drop the tune and stage 3 here we come

Just waiting on some cash flow...But July is looking very promising...

currently fixing a front axle output shaft that is out of tolerance and chewing up axle seals.

Summer Projects:

Full black suede A & C Pillars, rear deck, and Headliner.
    green stuff brake pads
    new front upper control arms
    brake fluid, trans, rear diff fluid change
    650cc EV14's and Nefmoto stage 3 tune
    STR 518 18" matte bronze with Forceum Hexa tires (cheap but decent reviews)