Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project Sarge (2001 Audi S4)

well she's a broke car right now...Blew the axle out last week, bumper and exhaust is a little tweaked from the trailer. But going to try and swap the axle out tomorrow, It broke inside the joint from what I can tell...but very low and big tires makes looking underneath without a jack is kind of hard. been rolling with a bad one for awhile.

Hopefully she's moving tommorrow

List for spring break:
    1. Lower fan control sensor w/ mandatory coolant flush...
    2. Power steering cooler and relocation (necessary for when I put the FMIC in)
    3. Headliner re-hang
    4. raise the rear of the car 1", front 1/2" (roads are way too bad)
    5. finally get past the break in period for my clutch maybe do a few little power runs
    Last edited by Dorny1; 03-15-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    "Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the V6 twin turbo is with me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my V6 with Motul Oil and Shell 91, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my driving and I will dwell in the house of the V6 Bi-Turbo forever."

So did a little work on the cars...Girlfriends car got a little work done with a new vcg, plugs, and a little airbox swisscheese and removed a baffle. Butt dyno says car was being held back by the intake for sure. GF's butt dyno said the same.

But axle is in the car, and the fan controller sensor. Also had the girls brother over who is interested in cars come over and help me do a little work. So we did the rear calipers painted, doing the fronts tommorrow and adjusting the suspension up a little in the front and some in the rear. Might also investigate what is causing the noise in my front suspension, think one of the fronts is out of balance. ANYWAYS MOAR PICTURES!

"Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the V6 twin turbo is with me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my V6 with Motul Oil and Shell 91, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my driving and I will dwell in the house of the V6 Bi-Turbo forever."

Looking good!

In regard to the Raceland coilovers, I purchased the standard Racelands before the Ultimos even existed, and I have had pretty good luck with them for the 1.5 years I've had them on my car. They are indeed bouncy if you go very low, I had the car down ~3" from stock (wo/ sport suspension) and its was very bouncy. I raised them back up to about 1.75-2" lower from stock and its not as noticeable.
    1997 Audi A4, bolt ons

ultimos aren't too bouncy, i'm ~3"-3.5" lower than stock

but got the gf's brothers mustang gt's brakes done, and painted them for s's & g's. Got my fronts done and found the noise in the front i've been searching for. Wheel was bent, moved it to the rear and counter balanced to help, then painted my front calipers going to go take the car through a wash tonight for pictures.

BUT car parts showed up today! one step closer to having the fmic in, albeit a small step. Power steering cooler, just need the splicers to come in, some fluid, and more hose. (and hoe's)

time for a drive, and a spray down. To pot hole ridden UNI!

So end product of my slight spray painting. looks a little bit less blacked out. Not really doing much in terms of gofast, but just waiting on funds for the fmic. I gotta have my buddy see if he can track down my boost leak by my drivers side turbo. Pinhole leak thats causing soft limp mode. Plans for this summer is probably a new set of rims, some injectors and a tune...

New decal to replace my old iraqi war veteran

BTW intake kind of crapped out so having to find a place to weld the alum maf bracket to my intake pipe. If anyone local can do it on the cheap please pm me!

IAF Team Member
    Replace that tint!
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO

yeah tint will be going this summer I've got a lot of little things on my plate with this car. just no money for tint (the good stuff) had just enough to fix it for spring break. but big job interview on monday so moar money for moar powa!

Well first off, found I have a bent rim, got it balanced enough to stop any vibes...just annoying tire wearing sound, headliner still needs to be rehung, and front fenders need rolled but THE GANGS ALL HERE!

CXRacing FMIC, power steering cooler (needed to relocate the stock one to fit the fmic), and Cupra R lip. I changed out the spark plugs this weekend, cleaned out the air filter, cleaned out the car, and finally raised the back end so its level with a full tank of gas.

Hoping to have at least the intercooler/ps cooler installed before next weekend, but can't do shit this weekend. Hoping maybe to find a place to work on it tomorrow. It's nice to have from 10 am on free...but no garage or even concrete to work on at my place.

Have fun fighting that piping to make it fit haha, even without the fog light grills and other stuff they are a super tight fit to the APR bi-pipe I had.
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride