Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Sarge (2001 Audi S4)

Project Sarge (2001 Audi S4)

So bought this car on my deployment to Iraq, Dad picked it up and was stored.

2001 Audi S4 (3" exhaust, APR stage 2+ chip, Darin intake, 710N's, Vogtland coilovers, Nuespeed rear sway bar)

Turbo's then blew out so I went on a rampage

List:
    JHM weighted shift knob, Evo-Thor skid plate, K04's, VAST stage 3- tune, 5-bar fpr, walboro 255lph HP, x34 intake, APR R1's, 3" 034motorsport downpipes, Nuespeed short shifter

Trick 3" collector

After this I spent a little time working on my Jetto (ghetto jetta rust bucket) Then got back to it last summer

First was the WOTBOX with 2-step and launch control

Wrapped the interior with some cf to match the engine bay.

Then got new coilovers from Raceland (Ultimo's they aren't too bad)

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/fast...l?sort=2&o=113

Lately just dropped in a new FX-350 clutch from Clutchmasters, and the trouble just kept coming

Problems in the last month...

Radiator leaking...done
    timing belt skip...done and replaced
    Fans wont shut off when started...parts are in
    AXLE FRIGGEN GAVE OUT...parts are ordered...mumblemublemuble...at least it should just be the axle

So looks like i'll be spending spring break on the ice covered driveway, replacing the axle and the fan sensor in the lower radiator hose(going to get drenched in the process)

BUT-> Plans
    FMIC is awaiting piping,
    Stage 3 nefmoto tune
    630cc injectors
    85mm intake being built

And last but not least...here is my cat...hiding in the Christmas bush (too poor for a tree)
    Last edited by Dorny1; 03-11-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    "Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the V6 twin turbo is with me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my V6 with Motul Oil and Shell 91, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my driving and I will dwell in the house of the V6 Bi-Turbo forever."

I see you were in balltown. Loves me some good NE IA, SW WI, SE MN roads/hills. Car looks nice, what ride height is it set at? I haven't seen many people talk about those coilovers.

Don't worry we all have issues from time to time. Re-doing my front main seal, which is a lot of work for a $4 part Stupid cars.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

ride height i think was 24.5 front and when tank was empty...(stupid in a hurry me) set the rears at 24.75"...she is lower in the back if i have a full tank and passengers... but yeah fall tour with Projekt German the first year they did it.
    "Yea, though I drive in the Valley of the Shadow of the V8, I shall fear no V8 for the V6 twin turbo is with me. Thou shall prepare boost at my call against the V8 that troubles me. Thou annointest my V6 with Motul Oil and Shell 91, and my psi shall runneth over. Thy loving smoothness and torqueness shall follow me all the days of my driving and I will dwell in the house of the V6 Bi-Turbo forever."

I have got to say I really liked the black engine bay. That downpipe looks very nice.

How do you like your racelands? They just released a set for the 1st gen neon and its pretty tempting, however I have read a lot of negative reviews.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

The raceland ultimos are pretty quality compared to the standards, and for a two year warranty for <$450 you cant go wrong. They ride alot better than standards (standards feel bouncy) these just make the car feel solid. I like them over my vogtlands but then again i dont mind a stiff ride.

The Y pipe has been silver, white, gloss black, flat black, neon green, red and many of those colors over and over...I get bored and repaint cause i can...This has just been the flavor of the month for the winter...

I thought about shaving the mounting tabs off my y pipe for the covers, but the mold protrudes into the pipe and is easy to break through. I want to do a black wrinkle finish. Any idea how those coils do vs say some ST's since they are both on the lower end of pricing? I don't lower my cars as much as some so I'd keep it just under 26" which helps with ride a lot.
    02' TT Z06
    00' Audi S4
    02' Tundra
    02' Honda Superhawk slow, but sounds fast

I'd say go with ultimos, ST's ride like the standard Racelands and those ride like crap. I think till just recently both didn't even have warranties, only the Ultimos did so I would assume the quality would be better with the raceland ultimos. If you want a comfortable ride all three of them are not your choice, but for cheap but good around corners ultimos are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorny1 View Post
    The raceland ultimos are pretty quality compared to the standards, and for a two year warranty for <$450 you cant go wrong. They ride alot better than standards (standards feel bouncy) these just make the car feel solid. I like them over my vogtlands but then again i dont mind a stiff ride.
    Aw, I did not know they had multiple versions. The neon coilovers look to be the standards, they also have a hybrid spring that is a mix between oem looking and coilover. I suppose it would probably work better just to order some sleeves and convert my koni's into coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorny1 View Post
    The Y pipe has been silver, white, gloss black, flat black, neon green, red and many of those colors over and over...I get bored and repaint cause i can...This has just been the flavor of the month for the winter...
    Aw gotcha. I suppose if its easy enough, why not.
    96' 2.4 Neon
    05' Srt-4

literally three clamps one connection and three bolts to pull the y pipe (and the plastic covers which pretty much pop off...so pretty easy for an audi

They have two versions

Ultimos which have harder springs and harder dampening, allow "MOAR LOW"

"regulars" with softer ride quality (this might be why they bounce) and wont go as low as Ultimos

IAF Team Member
    Dammit, I miss my B5.

Good looking car Dorny!
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO