Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: R3DN3CK Blazer

Not a lot too update really. Got a lot of parts but no time to get them on yet. I've been flipping a bunch of cars lately so most of my attention has been on those. I got 3 of the four sold and decided I'm going to keep this last one for a winter beater. I did get the brackets and crap cut off the front axle, going to clean that up this weekend and get ready to fit it next weekend hopefully. Got the engine nay cleaned up and the remaining stock stuff removed (engine, front diff, IFS brackets, etc...). I have all the parts to make my shackle buckets and hangers, bushings, gussets and a few other odds and ends. Hopefully I'll have something decent to update next week. Just so this wasn't a complete waste of a post, the axle/bracket aftermath. Not bad IMO considering I haven't used a torch for at LEAST 10+ years.

-_-

Not a lot of picture worthy progress but I did finish the front leaf spring hanger. Did some other crap too bubujust clean up and grinding and prep work...

-_-

Guess it's been a while... I got the disc break setup on the rear end, got the 64" leads mounted out back and the stickers moved up front. I moved so I need to get this in a "roller" as fast as I can so I can move it to the new place. I got the rear axle mounted up temporarily, spring under axle style to clear the garage, gotta run it out on bare rims so it'll make it out the door. Getting the front axle mounted (again, temporarily) this week and hopefully bringing it to the house next week/weekend.

I'll try to get some pics and stuff when I move it.
    -_-

you move a lot!

how tall is your garage door?

Yeah, it's getting old! HaHa. I'm out of town (Vinton/Urbana area) now, small acreage (little over 10acres is mine, sitting in the middle of thousands of acres of corn/beans though) out in the country, where I belong. Got my horses again, goats, ducks, chickens, pigs, etc... Living in the city sucked so I moved at least once or twice a year. This last time, I moved to help my sister. She's getting divorced and neither of them could afford the house alone so I basically rented it from them until they got shit figured out so it didn't get foreclosed. I bailed on the lease I was under (and paid for it...:-/) and moved into her place for 4 months.

Anyways, my place now has 12ft ceiling and a 9ft+ door. My sister's (where it is still sitting) had 7ft ceiling and a 6ft door. Even with the axles on top of the springs and on bare 16" steel wheels, it's gonna be a tight squeeze out that door. HaHa

12ft ceiling is nice, garage has a nice big apartment built up stairs or it would have 20ft+ ceilings. Going to try to rent the apartment out this spring but being above my garage, might be a little difficult. It's insulated really well so sound isn't too horrible. I can run the WS6 with open headers in the garage and you can feel it upstairs more than you can hear it.
    Last edited by sLoWnStEaDy; 01-06-2015 at 10:04 AM.
    -_-

IAF Team Member
    Leafs? Really?
    '11 Jeep JKU
    '13 Taurus SHO

Yeah... No point in a link suspension for what I'm going to do with it. 64"s in the rear and 56" in the front, it'll flex far more than I'll ever need it to. ;-)
    -_-

I suck at pictures, when i get going, I never remember to stop for pics. LoL. I made a couple changes, I went with 64" springs in the rear and 56" springs in the front. I moved the front axle forward about 6" and the rear got moved back about 8". Centered, I barely got any flex before hitting the body, with the 29" roller tires. So, no way the 37"s would have worked like that. Obviously, I can't cut those areas on the body so moving the axles and cutting bumpers was my only choice, unless I wanted to lift it another 2ft.

Still PLENTY to do but it's on it's own weight and everything so I figured I would snag pics. I set up my shackle angle for mostly down travel. The front axle is a bit wider than the rear, I just plan to remedy that with different backspacing on the wheels. They be 16.5x12, 5" backspace on the front, 2.5" on the rear. Still have a lot of frame plating/boxing to do as well as cleaning up the spots where I cut off brackets and plugging a few holes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -_-

I'm horrible at build threads... Just a picture for now, more work and pics underway soon.
    -_-

Looks good man. Really neat build
    Brett
    '08 Dodge Caliber SRT4--Diablosport tune, MPx muffler, K&N drop in, Custom downpipe, Custom torque bars, Bwoody check valve, TurboXS 50 mm RFL Type H BOV. Running 19 psi.
    '67 Checker Marathon A-12E--283 V8, Powerglide (Classy ass cruiser)