Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project: R3DN3CK Blazer

Well, I ordered some wrong parts soooooo, waiting on exchanges. LoL. I got bored and wondered if the paint would shine up at all. I was not disappointed, that's about 3-5 minutes work on that door is all.

-_-

I really do work on it, I swear. HaHa. Gonna have to get me a photographer to go out to the garage with me. LoL

-_-

made a big difference on those firebird scratches.

blazer is looking good.

Looks like you might have some clearance issues with the rear quarter, plan to open up the wheel well or?
    "U guys are a bunch of pathetic fucks Ryan your the worst" -Eddy B
    "no one gives two shits if he built it or purchased it.. or if it was purchased by his dad. you just sound like a jealous bitch. move along" -k-ville
    "I think the S4 is the best car I've ever owned" -slow ride

The angle of the Blazer and the angle of the picture is a bit misleading, there's a good 6" clearance back there. Which isn't A TON but should be enough. My suspension is VERY biased toward down travel. I'd say my up/down travel ratio is in the 15/85 range. I'll only have in the area of 4" +/- up travel. this build was planned for a good couple years before I started so I did a lot of looking around and reading on different suspension setups, up/down travel, shackle angles, etc... it won't be an insane rock climbing rig or anything so the 4-link didn't make sense cost/performance wise to me. with the right leaf setup, I've seen crazy amounts of flex with the right shackle angles and travel bias, so I went that route.

I got some stuff ordered so the engine should be in within the next couple weeks. Then the boring stuff, wiring, brake lines, rock sliders, rock lights, stereo, etc. I'll be getting more pictures from now on.
    -_-

Ya got me curious so I had to check... LoL. I've got 8.5" of clearance and about 5.5" up travel before I'm on the bump stops.
    -_-

Got the engine, trans and t-case all put in. Wasn't fun doing that as an assembly with my little 1-ton engine lift. Actually had to take the front wheels/tires off and set the pumpkin on a 4x4 just to get it low enough for that midget hoist. LoL. Also got the Astro steering box put on. Pitman arm is forward on it, unlike the original Blazer one. I may need to move some accessories around but not sure quite yet.

Going to start with the wiring here shortly as well as the fuel system. Hoping to get some goodies this weekend at the swap meet!!

Last edited by sLoWnStEaDy; 04-13-2015 at 08:39 PM.
    -_-